ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Edge swipes are disabled by default and you need to enable using either plist edit and install (or) gesture to enable/disable. I've also restored NC to soft mode in the new version just like before, but you can set this to Keyboard shortcut by editing plist value to 14 and assigning shortcut like i explained in the features thread. By the way, you need to swipe a little faster for NC soft mode to work.

I have already enabled the Edge swipes, change the value 14, but no work.

btw, what is NC?

Hi, I've just installed latest 3.0.2 drivers and now my laptop keyboard isn't working at all.

I had a working Mac OS X Mavericks, working keyboard, working USB mouse, but no touchpad. I then installed these drivers following the procedure (delete those kexts, although I didn't have any of them in /S/L/E, and then Kext Utility to install the two included), restarted the PC and tried to boot. See the picture attached. The computer reboots one second after this screen and now the keyboard doesn't work not even in BIOS screen (!!!) so I can't select which device to boot (and then at least I'd be able to boot the install again)... In the bootloader (Clover) screen I can use the touchpad to select the option. Please help me, I'm totally disabled without the keyboard :/

edit: I resetted the battery, left the keyboard aside for some minutes and then I could use the keyboard again in the BIOS menus. Booted an USB with Parted Magic Linux and removed the Elan kexts from /S/L/E. OSX is booting fine again.

edit2: the drivers are perfectly working, the problem was I had Voodoo and PS2 kexts inside Clover's kexts folder so they were being duplicated. Removed them and loaded Elan's: success!

Guest FluffyKitten

It's a Lenovo Z500. Brightness up only works when the level is 0-49%. Brightness down only works when the level is 100-51%. At 50% brightness neither button works until the slider is manually altered in display settings.

Hey CapricornOne - what version are you using?

I have a Z500 too, but the keyboard doesn't work on 3.0.2 - what did you need to do to make it work?

As an aside:

Isn't the source meant to be available? At least the mods to the Apple code should be (closed proprietary is fair - an NDA perhaps?).

I was surprised since last push was a year ago, though I guess it's current if the touchpad driver is non-derived now.

Not a nit-pick - just curious.

Regards.