ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Guest FluffyKitten

Well, it works!

A quick look-over the Voodoo Keyboard source and the old source for this kext, I spotted that Voodoo just returns successful when probing (read: it doesn't probe).

I grabbed the old source and recompiled the ApplePS2Keyboard kext, returning self/success, dropped the kext with 3.0.2, replacing the Keyboard kext inside the Controller.

Voila - keyboard success!

CapricornOne:

The brightness keys do nothing for me.

The Voodoo kext had the refresh key (over F5) make the brightness prompt appear, but did nothing - sat at 50%.

Weirdly, the control panel and 'Brightness Slider' app appear correct (but not influenced by the keys).

I use the latter app, as I had issues of brightness going to lowest on boot on battery, so this sets it to my personal default.

Well, it works!

A quick look-over the Voodoo Keyboard source and the old source for this kext, I spotted that Voodoo just returns successful when probing (read: it doesn't probe).

I grabbed the old source and recompiled the ApplePS2Keyboard kext, returning self/success, dropped the kext with 3.0.2, replacing the Keyboard kext inside the Controller.

CapricornOne:

The Voodoo kext had the refresh key (over F5) make the brightness prompt appear, but did nothing - sat at 50%.

Weirdly, the control panel and 'Brightness Slider' app appear correct (but not influenced by the keys).

I use the latter app, as I had issues of brightness going to lowest on boot on battery, so this sets it to my personal default.

Do you have ACPIBacklight kext installed?

If you have an Asus, remove it.

But its hard to tell, i think you haven't a asus?

If not, you can look at RehabMans Github...

If you have, try the KeyBoardNBFN Kext in the other thread with the DSDT Patches.

Or wait for EmlyDinesh :-)

Cheers :-)

Hello,

I'm having a problem getting the touchpad to work properly (only the new version 3 driver works for me). As far as I can see from the boot logs, it recognizes and enables v4 hardware on the touchpad, but I can't move the pointer at all. I'm just using the standard config.plist, no changes.

CapricornOne:

You need to patch your DSDT for brightness to work. That's a whole other issue. Search for Rehabman's github and you'll find more info.

Guest FluffyKitten

You need to patch your DSDT for brightness to work. That's a whole other issue. Search for Rehabman's github and you'll find more info.

For the F11/F12 keys specifically? Brightness works via sys prefs.

I need to read up and do my own DSDT anyhow. I'm using another users DSDT for now for testing.

I've been trying to make this driver work for few days now and nothing work for me :(

I have a Samsung NP300E5E-S01CA

I tried the 3.0.2 and 2.8.3

With the 2.8.3 the keyboard work, not the touchpad. With the 3.0.2 both dosen't work. 

Do you have any solution ?

I've been trying to make this driver work for few days now and nothing work for me :(

I have a Samsung NP300E5E-S01CA

I tried the 3.0.2 and 2.8.3

With the 2.8.3 the keyboard work, not the touchpad. With the 3.0.2 both dosen't work. 

Do you have any solution ?

May I take a look at your ioreg file and System log with my kexts installed?

Do you have ACPIBacklight kext installed?

If you have an Asus, remove it.

But its hard to tell, i think you haven't a asus?

If not, you can look at RehabMans Github...

If you have, try the KeyBoardNBFN Kext in the other thread with the DSDT Patches.

Or wait for EmlyDinesh :-)

Cheers :-)

Well, it works!

CapricornOne:

I have fixed these brightness fn keys and tested in Samsung notebook, so should work fine for everyone like it does in VodooPS2. Wait for my new update which brings some good improvements in most of the features and keyboard this weekend.