ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Updated to v3.0.2, and the trackpad doesn't work. It loads fine in verbose boot, shows up in kextstat and System Information, but whatever I do to make the cursor move, nothing happens. And furthermore, my settings for Keyboard fn mode 1, don't work either. Only volume up/down controls work. Plists of both kexts attached.

Note that it worked perfectly in v2.8.

Any possible fixes?

Hi,

First thanks for this hard work !!

And does anyone know how to have Numlock "ON" on boot, because on every boot I must enable it.

Thanks

Sorry for my english 

Did you set this in ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext in the plist file?

<key>KeyBoardNumLockOn</key>
<true/>

I have fixed these brightness fn keys and tested in Samsung notebook, so should work fine for everyone like it does in VodooPS2. Wait for my new update which brings some good improvements in most of the features and keyboard this weekend.

Please add support to enable v4 hardware physical buttons. I think your driver handles v4 hardware buttons as virtual that is why the do work for dragging but not for clic.

As always keep the good work. Thank you!!!

May I take a look at your ioreg file and System log with my kexts installed?

Sorry for delay, I was out of town without the computer (as the touchpad dosen't work)

Here's the system.log and IOreg file. 

The version 3.0.2 is installed. Both Keyboard and Trackpad dosen't work.

Archive.zip

I have a Acer Aspire V5 572P 6858. I am totally new to this and stumbled on this thread and have few questions

1) How do I figure out hardware revision? I went to device manager and all I see is ELAN PS/2 Port Smart Pad

2) I see a bunch of files attached to first post. Which file am I really required to download and install kext's

Any other step I need to do other than remove Old Kext and install new Kext?

Thanks in advance.

Any possible fixes?

Can you send me your system log and IOReg file, so i can take a look at your problem? Also how did you install the kexts? You need to remove my kexts before install as i have some changes to the kext identifiers in the new version so it may not work properly if you try to replace the kexts.

Please add support to enable v4 hardware physical buttons. I think your driver handles v4 hardware buttons as virtual that is why the do work for dragging but not for clic.

As always keep the good work. Thank you!!!

It works for clicking. I don't get your problem, can you explain?

Also there is a new mode for the v4 buttons in my next update which enables/disables the virtual buttons. If you disable the virtual buttons then it will work as only single Left button all over the touchpad in clicks.

Sorry for delay, I was out of town without the computer (as the touchpad dosen't work)

Here's the system.log and IOreg file. 

The version 3.0.2 is installed. Both Keyboard and Trackpad dosen't work.

attachicon.gifArchive.zip

I don't see touchpad device in your ioreg file, so it could be either bios disable the touchpad (or) your dsdt is the problem. So, try to check the bios for the internal pointing device where some of the bios have this option to enable/disable and send me your DSDT((it would be better if you get the dump based on DSDT/SSDT patch request thread).

I have a Acer Aspire V5 572P 6858. I am totally new to this and stumbled on this thread and have few questions

1) How do I figure out hardware revision? I went to device manager and all I see is ELAN PS/2 Port Smart Pad

2) I see a bunch of files attached to first post. Which file am I really required to download and install kext's

Any other step I need to do other than remove Old Kext and install new Kext?

Thanks in advance.

Just install my kexts and it will show you the version during boot in verbose mode. As you have Elan touchpad from Windows so it will work. No other steps, just follow my How to install steps in the first post.