ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Any possible fixes?

Can you send me your system log and IOReg file, so i can take a look at your problem? Also how did you install the kexts? You need to remove my kexts before install as i have some changes to the kext identifiers in the new version so it may not work properly if you try to replace the kexts.

Please add support to enable v4 hardware physical buttons. I think your driver handles v4 hardware buttons as virtual that is why the do work for dragging but not for clic.

As always keep the good work. Thank you!!!

It works for clicking. I don't get your problem, can you explain?

Also there is a new mode for the v4 buttons in my next update which enables/disables the virtual buttons. If you disable the virtual buttons then it will work as only single Left button all over the touchpad in clicks.

Sorry, I'll try to explain myself. I have an ASUS G750 laptop with an Elan touchpad at boot with your driver installed says is V4. This touchpad doesn't have any button in the touchpad area it has 2 physical buttons apart under the touchpad (like the old touchpad used to be) if I try to press left button to make primary mouse click it doesn't work, the same for right button press for secondary mouse click also doesn't work. But if I press left or right buttons and mantain press for draging it works. I hope you can understand my bad english.

Thank you!!!

Can you send me your system log and IOReg file, so i can take a look at your problem? Also how did you install the kexts? You need to remove my kexts before install as i have some changes to the kext identifiers in the new version so it may not work properly if you try to replace the kexts.

I installed the kexts with Kext Utility, which searches for kexts already installed that have the same name, backs them up by adding a .bak extension, and then installs the new kexts. This is equivalent to removing kexts before installing them. I will edit this post with the IOReg and system log when I get back.

Sorry, I'll try to explain myself. I have an ASUS G750 laptop with an Elan touchpad at boot with your driver installed says is V4. This touchpad doesn't have any button in the touchpad area it has 2 physical buttons apart under the touchpad (like the old touchpad used to be) if I try to press left button to make primary mouse click it doesn't work, the same for right button press for secondary mouse click also doesn't work. But if I press left or right buttons and mantain press for draging it works. I hope you can understand my bad english.

Thank you!!!

Well, i have not seen v4 hardware with physical buttons like v3 hardware. Seems like you have physical buttons in v4, so i need to debug my driver in your touchpad. PM me for beta testing.

I've seen your files and found that your dsdt doesn't look good. So, i suggest you to exact your DSDT from either windows (or) linux according to my DSDT/SSDT patch request thread and patch properly again.

Also try the new version 3.3 i've uploaded today and let me know.

Tried v3.3, keyboard function keys work great. I used 'SAMSUNG' as my vendor, and all keys except F5(sleep display) work. Great news.

However, the trackpad still doesn't work, and I'm reverting to 2.8.3 until it does... I'd be happy to debug this problem, since it works perfectly in 2.8.3, with all swipe/scroll features enabled.

And as for the DSDT, I'm surprised because I did use the patching thread to get my DSDT patched, and you did it for me, several months ago. I still have the emails I sent to and received from you, regarding the DSDT patching. And could you explain what you mean by 'my DSDT doesn't look good'? What's wrong with it?

Just install my kexts and it will show you the version during boot in verbose mode. As you have Elan touchpad from Windows so it will work. No other steps, just follow my How to install steps in the first post.

Thanks. Just to confirm I have to use ElanTouchpad_v3.3.zip  ? I have CloverBoot Do I need to copy the files somewhere else (Clover EFI)?

Thanks in advance. Will try this in the evening.

Hi, EMlyDinEsH,

I have ASUS UX32VD. it's work great with AsusNBFnkeys and  Elan kext 3.02, but after upgrade to 3,03 i see delay 3-5 pressing cmd+space to change language first time, and have not working right context key in Mode3 with ASUS layout, this key works as FN only, i tried  to change value to 93, but it's had no effect. may be you have an idea to combine AsusNBFnkeys with Elan kext -) 

Thanx for your work,

sorry for my english, i'm not native