ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Sorry, I meant 3 fingers swipes…it would be nice to configure it in such a way to go back and forward on safari for example…

However, I think I will wait for the release of the prefpane without having to reinstall the driver each time I change something in the plist...

BTW I have an Asus N56VZ running OSX 10.8.5 and the hardware version should be V4...

It works very very fine…these are intended just as refinements more than additional features, I repeat, the driver is simply outstanding and much much better than anything else on OSX world…very similar to my Magic Trackpad…

Thank you!!

I'm trying to take a look at the dragging again for v4 for the next version so expect improvements. And three fingers are already configured to back and forth which will work in finder, browser etc.,  If you have any problems with this then i would assume you might have ISO keyboards from europe? If you want get this fixed then PM me as i need to make some changes to layout related to your keyboard.

And for prefpane it will take some time as I'm busy but it will be soon.

Btw Thanks for your comments.

Hello, I have a Gateway laptop, and all of my FN keys work except for the ones which control my brightness. I'm using the AppleBacklight patch along with ACPIBacklight, and the only way to change brightness is with the slider. Any way to fix the keys?

Does your brightness keys work(ever worked) without the ACPIBacklight patch and using native Apple backlight driver?

Not so easy to explain even in french. I try to explain the bugs effects :

- The option tap to release don't work ( enable the option on the trackpad prefpane )

/--> Drag will be released after a single tap. You can enable this from Trackpad prefpane by enabling option "Drag Lock".

The option Drag Lock don't work correctly ( enable on the trackpad prefpane )

--  work if i want move a windows.

​-- Don't work if i want move a file or select a text.

and little bugs on the double tapping and drag but hard to explain.

Version V4

Its strange, no one from beta testing is facing any issue with double tap and drag release at all. I might need your help in debugging this so PM for beta testing.

I'm trying to take a look at the dragging again for v4 for the next version so expect improvements. And three fingers are already configured to back and forth which will work in finder, browser etc.,  If you have any problems with this then i would assume you might have ISO keyboards from europe? If you want get this fixed then PM me as i need to make some changes to layout related to your keyboard.

And for prefpane it will take some time as I'm busy but it will be soon.

Btw Thanks for your comments.

Thanks a bunch for your answer and your interest in this.

Yes, indeed, I do have an ISO keyboard (Italy) layout and the keys combination to go back and forward are CMD [ and CMD ] for my keyboard.

I've just sent you a PM.

Thank you very much!!

All,

Running a Samsung NP880Z5E Core i7 here with Mavericks 10.9.1.

The Elan driver works well for the most part, but it is not giving me a "right click" capability on the smart pad.

I looked in the plist and didn't find any issues there.

Any help to get the right click working on the smart pad would be appreciated.

I am running Elan driver 3.5, when I try to install the 4.0beta neither the keyboard or smart pad function and I have to use a USB keyboard and mouse to get the system back to 3.5.

I am booting off of external HD via USB port.

I would be glad to be a beta tester for any new releases!

Regards,

Darryl

good day 

I installed version 3.5 and I could make the point moving at a decent speed with smoothmouse. But I am unable to use the right button. In addition, clicking on the touchpad with two fingers, does oo pointer crash and only works again if you click with one finger. The only kext that worked, was 3.5 - If you have to customize to turn right, thank you.