ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I tried to fix it on my own unsuccessfully; here's what it did : I changed the keyboard layout to 33 (Italian-spanish) and I enabled the "Use ISO layout" option in ApplePS2Controller.kext info.plist but unfortunately it still doesn't work.

0x31  /* Spanish and Italian ISO Keyboard */

you need to change the Hex value to Decimal,

0x31 in Decimal is 49, so you should put in 49, see if it would help 8-)

0x31  /* Spanish and Italian ISO Keyboard */

you need to change the Hex value to Decimal,

0x31 in Decimal is 49, so you should put in 49, see if it would help 8-)

Ahaha!! Such a simple thing!! That worked very well my friend!! Thank you!! :D

I didn't realize it was hex and so I put 31!! :) One problem is solved!!

Anyone else experienced the auto off keyboard backlight bugs and/or would like the auto on feature as well??

Ahaha!! Such a simple thing!! That worked very well my friend!! Thank you!! :D

I didn't realize it was hex and so I put 31!! :) One problem is solved!!

Anyone else experienced the auto off keyboard backlight bugs and/or would like the auto on feature as well??

Are you using my new DSDT patch from features explanation thread which is required to work? Let me see your DSDT.

Version 3.7 works very well for me in 10.9.2, and also fixes touchpad detection after system restart. I am however experiencing visual scrolling lag when I release my finger after an inertial scroll, this doesn't occur whilst still scrolling or in linear scrolling mode, any ideas?

You did not have this visual scrolling lag in previous versions? its fine to me and you might see some lag in Chromo, Firefox etc, other than Safari which is related to OSX which i can see sometimes and its not related to my code. Test the inertia in new version and old versions then let me know your feedback so i can see if its related to my code or not. Also try Speed changes for scrolling at Trackpad preferences and see as sometimes you need to tweak this for optimal performance.

Are you using my new DSDT patch from features explanation thread which is required to work? Let me see your DSDT.

Of course I did!!

I partially solved the problem!

I had to modify some options in the AsusNBFnKeys.kext and now it works almost as it should!

Except for the fact that the backlight level is the minimum one and if I try to set it to a higher level, it goes back to the minimum one the next time I type (after the backlights turn off). If you need a clearer explanation of the "issue" just ask!

Thanks a bunch for this great update!!

Of course I did!!

I partially solved the problem!

I had to modify some options in the AsusNBFnKeys.kext and now it works almost as it should!

Except for the fact that the backlight level is the minimum one and if I try to set it to a higher level, it goes back to the minimum one the next time I type (after the backlights turn off). If you need a clearer explanation of the "issue" just ask!

Thanks a bunch for this great update!!

The KB Backlight Auto-Off Feature, relies very much on the 16Levels DSDT Patch...

The Auto-Off feature is controlled in DSDT, thats why its very impossible, that in your DSDT is the right code!

Cheers :-)

The KB Backlight Auto-Off Feature, relies very much on the 16Levels DSDT Patch...

The Auto-Off feature is controlled in DSDT, thats why its very impossible, that in your DSDT is the right code!

I believe that nothing is wrong with my DSDT since now the auto-off feature works ok as it should...

But I think that someone should mention that you need to edit the AsusNBFnKeys.kext (The WMI plugin) to make it work properly, otherwise it will not work!

What do you think?

I believe that nothing is wrong with my DSDT since now the auto-off feature works ok as it should...

But I think that someone should mention that you need to edit the AsusNBFnKeys.kext (The WMI plugin) to make it work properly, otherwise it will not work!

What do you think?

that you are right:-)

What do you think?

Are you using new version of AsusNBFnKeys? What you need to edit in that to get it working? Can you explain your brightness level issue again as I'm confused still?

What do you think?

Just checked, with Completely different settings in AsusNBFNKeys kext...

And its working perfect.

What i mean is, if you are using AsusNBFnKeys v2.2, you don't need to modify anything, it should just work if you just edit ApplePS2Elan...