ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

The driver works great. With each version it's just getting better and better. : D Outstanding work, EMlyDinEsh!

We talked before briefly about the possibility to turn off keyboard LED notification for Num Lock. Is that feature still in the works?

Hi!!
I have a pretty strange issue. Most of times my touchpad works perfectly. But sometimes I need to restart my system because neither keyboard not touchpad work at all.

So I checked out my console log and here's what I discovered :

Here's a normal boot with touchpad & keyboard correctly detected :

Apr  9 01:17:14 localhost kernel[0]: ETD :: Initializing ELAN Keyboard...

Apr  9 01:17:14 localhost kernel[0]: ETD :: Keyboard enabled.
Apr  9 01:17:15 Macbook-Pro kernel[0]: ETD :: Detecting the touchpad........
Apr  9 01:17:15 Macbook-Pro kernel[0]: ETD :: ELAN touchpad found, Hardware version 4 (Firmware version 0x361f03).
Apr  9 01:17:15 Macbook-Pro kernel[0]: ETD :: Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 3420 Y_max 2052, CenterX 1710, CenterY 1026.
Apr  9 01:17:15 Macbook-Pro kernel[0]: ETD :: Touchpad enabled.

Here's a boot with touchpad & keyboard not working :

Apr  9 12:08:30 localhost kernel[0]: ETD :: Initializing ELAN Keyboard...

Apr  9 12:08:30 localhost kernel[0]: ETD :: Keyboard enabled.
Apr  9 12:08:32 localhost kernel[0]: ETD :: Detecting the touchpad........
Apr  9 12:08:32 localhost kernel[0]: ETD :: Probably not a real ELAN touchpad, Aborting.

It appears not to be detecting the touchpad randomly!
Plus if you look closely at it, the "Detecting the touchpad" process is handled by "MacBook Pro kernel[0]" in a normal boot and just by "localhost kernel[0]" in a fail boot.
I absolutely don't know what it means and how it could come from but I hope you do.
Could anybody help me?!?
If you need any additional info please contact me
Thanks a bunch in advance!

The driver works great. With each version it's just getting better and better. : D Outstanding work, EMlyDinEsh!

We talked before briefly about the possibility to turn off keyboard LED notification for Num Lock. Is that feature still in the works?

Yes, next update will enable this from plist.

How i can invert fn keys?

examples,i press f12 and volume up

press fn+f12 and standard f12 function

I switched to fn mode 1 but nothing,

Any help?

And how is work auto off backlight?

Fn mode 1 makes the Function keys as Fn keys so you will lose the Function keys. If you want Function keys then you use mode 2 and 3 (or) switch between the modes using the keyboard shortcut Caps + Shift + F on the fly.

Keyboard backlight is only for Asus notebooks and it can be enabled by editing plist and you need to use the DSDT patches i've provide in the features explanation thread.

Hi!!

I have a pretty strange issue. Most of times my touchpad works perfectly. But sometimes I need to restart my system because neither keyboard not touchpad work at all.

So I checked out my console log and here's what I discovered :

Here's a normal boot with touchpad & keyboard correctly detected :

Here's a boot with touchpad & keyboard not working :

It appears not to be detecting the touchpad randomly!
Plus if you look closely at it, the "Detecting the touchpad" process is handled by "MacBook Pro kernel[0]" in a normal boot and just by "localhost kernel[0]" in a fail boot.
I absolutely don't know what it means and how it could come from but I hope you do.
Could anybody help me?!?
If you need any additional info please contact me
Thanks a bunch in advance!

Same problem of kenia,at startup o after sleep random the touchpad or the keyboard don't work.

PM me so i can send you debug kext to test and fix this issue. Please explain your issue again in PM with details.