ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I have a problem with various Elan kexts, since 2.x versions to the last version.

The problem is that Elan touchpad sometimes works, sometimes not show arrow, or cannot move that, and sometimes (a little) works.

My motherboard chipset is Intel HM65.

Whats happened??

Greetings

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for helping out here..i got trackpad working finally thanks..great work :-P

extremely sorry a bit off topic, however see if you can help me or advice..i have asus x501a-xx517d...tried over tons of times..unable to boot directly from HDD...tried installing n number for bootloaders none of them seem to be able to work...only way i can use my laptop with osx mavericks is by keeping a bootable usb key in...otherwise i get BIOS popped up. only mavericks...which guide i can follow..any help/advice/guidance will be much appreciated.

full specs are here:

www.snapdeal.com/product/asus-x501axx517d-laptop-intel-celeron/1475419

hi, the latest version work great, but it has default numlock key switch on after reboot, and its annoying on my laptop, because i dont have real numpad, so how to turn of it, and make it as default behaviour, thank you before

Edit

Never mind, i didnt read the detailed information, thank you

I got a kernel panic on the latest version after changing the settings in the info.plists. obviously this is operator error rather than a problem with the kext, so I just wanted to know a couple of things. First, I didn't set permissions because I thought I didn't need to when injecting it with Clover. Was I supposed to do that? Second, in the keyboard kext I enabled the right alt and right context menu key buttons. I'm just supposed to put the number of the key as listed in the guide in the key for those options right?

Edit: I don't know why I thought it was a permissions problem, it's a fat32 volume... So I guess it's a problem in my info.plists

I got everything working. I don't know what I changed before that was making it kernel panic. It's been a while since I updated this driver, so I moved straight from 2.x something to 3.8... All I can say is wow. @EMlyDinEsH you really outdid yourself here. My touchpad feels like a real mac.

Just a couple of things... Inertia scrolling works great, but scrolling without lifting my fingers is pretty slow. Is there a way to change the curve or something so that it's just a little faster when I'm not inertia scrolling? 

Also, I'm wondering if it's possible to use it with my thumb on the bottom of the touchpad. This is how I use my macbook most of the time. Currently with the elan touchpad it just sees it as another finger so it thinks that I want to scroll. Perhaps there could be either a thumb detection setting or just an option to block a specified area at the bottom of the touchpad from receiving input.

Thank you, this is truly incredible how much your driver has improved the usability of my notebook.

The latest version is fantastic and fixes the laggy scrolling i experienced in past versions. One question though, is there any way to disable two finger scrolling whilst leaving edge scrolling functional?

You can disable two finger scrolling from Trackpad preferences. If you go through my features thread then you can understand everything.

Hello Guys :)

I did install kext file using Kext Wizard, but i after restart system, i can't still see any trackpad configurator in the system settings... 

Why is that?

Well, if you install the kext but you can't see Trackpad config then you might have not ELAN touchpad (or) other PS2 controller drivers are loading instead of mine. Please follow my how to install steps to install kext by removing PS2 Controller kexts. If you still have issue then send me your System log from Console and Ioreg file(IORegExplorer app v2.1 or lower).

I have a problem with various Elan kexts, since 2.x versions to the last version.

The problem is that Elan touchpad sometimes works, sometimes not show arrow, or cannot move that, and sometimes (a little) works.

My motherboard chipset is Intel HM65.

Whats happened??

Greetings

Well, its been tested and its working fine. May be your did not read my features thread about each and some of those features getting conflicts with some features like Edge scrolling etc., when you are operating. I can assure you that its working perfectly and its been tested very well (may have some bugs but not like your not working one). 

So, try to use my latest version and tell me what is the last gesture/key press you did before it stops working and the area of the touchpad. Also send me your system log and ioreg file so i can take a look.

I got everything working. I don't know what I changed before that was making it kernel panic. It's been a while since I updated this driver, so I moved straight from 2.x something to 3.8... All I can say is wow. @EMlyDinEsH you really outdid yourself here. My touchpad feels like a real mac.

Just a couple of things... Inertia scrolling works great, but scrolling without lifting my fingers is pretty slow. Is there a way to change the curve or something so that it's just a little faster when I'm not inertia scrolling? 

Also, I'm wondering if it's possible to use it with my thumb on the bottom of the touchpad. This is how I use my macbook most of the time. Currently with the elan touchpad it just sees it as another finger so it thinks that I want to scroll. Perhaps there could be either a thumb detection setting or just an option to block a specified area at the bottom of the touchpad from receiving input.

Thank you, this is truly incredible how much your driver has improved the usability of my notebook.

You can change the scroll speed of without lifting fingers from Trackpad preferences and can set the inertial scroll level in plist. (I will make a prefpane soon which is getting delayed because lack of time due to my busy life, so i need some support from everyone in donation for trying to get more time on my projects).

And the thumb thing is still in work and I'm unable to finish that because lack of beta testers who provide good feedback. If you think can help me with this then PM me for debug session.

You can change the scroll speed of without lifting fingers from Trackpad preferences and can set the inertial scroll level in plist. (I will make a prefpane soon which is getting delayed because lack of time due to my busy life, so i need some support from everyone in donation for trying to get more time on my projects).

And the thumb thing is still in work and I'm unable to finish that because lack of beta testers who provide good feedback. If you think can help me with this then PM me for debug session.

I played around with inertial scroll but for whatever reason I didn't think to use the trackpad preferences. I'm assuming you mean the prefpane attached in the op and not the native prefpane?

I sent you a pm about debugging.