ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hello!

It's possible to make scrolling in App Switch more slow?

When I make horizontal scroll in App - all is good. But when I make 3FDown to show "Applications Switch" - 2F scroll between apps too fast. And I can't select app, only using keyboard keys for this. 

Everything is working fantastically except one thing: the fn key to increase screen brightness lowers it instead. The decrease screen brightness key works correctly though. It's not an issue with this kext but likely with my dsdt/ssdt as the same thing happened when I just used clover dsdt injections and rehab man's voodoops2 kext. How can I fix this? Thanks

I have an Asus s400ca-dh51t laptop, everything was working fine and then i injected the v4 Elan kext using Kext Helper and now on bootup the system doesnt like my password. I have tried my password many times and no dice. I have even tried booting in safemode but it still picks up this driver. 

Is there a way to uninstall this kext? Anyone have any suggestions on workaround - primarily to even boot into the system.

I have an Asus s400ca-dh51t laptop, everything was working fine and then i injected the v4 Elan kext using Kext Helper and now on bootup the system doesnt like my password. I have tried my password many times and no dice. I have even tried booting in safemode but it still picks up this driver. 

Is there a way to uninstall this kext? Anyone have any suggestions on workaround - primarily to even boot into the system.

so I was able to boot via single user and see that when i was typing my password the letters on the right side of my laptop keyboard needed the FN key to be pressed if not numbers were getting displayed. i was able to go in and delete the 'appleps2elantouchpad.kext' rebuild the kernel and reboot just fine.

now the question is if there is a driver for the touchpad on this asus laptop without affecting the keyboard.

thanks

so I was able to boot via single user and see that when i was typing my password the letters on the right side of my laptop keyboard needed the FN key to be pressed if not numbers were getting displayed. i was able to go in and delete the 'appleps2elantouchpad.kext' rebuild the kernel and reboot just fine.

now the question is if there is a driver for the touchpad on this asus laptop without affecting the keyboard.

thanks

Did you read the documentation here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5969-details-about-the-enhanced-keyboard-for-smart-touchpad-driver/

Try changing the fn mode to 3 and using ASUS vendor. Due to the complex nature of this kext and vast number of systems it supports, odds are it won't work without some adjustments for your system

Did you read the documentation here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5969-details-about-the-enhanced-keyboard-for-smart-touchpad-driver/

Try changing the fn mode to 3 and using ASUS vendor. Due to the complex nature of this kext and vast number of systems it supports, odds are it won't work without some adjustments for your system

I tried every combination of 'NONE' - Fn Keys 1,2,3 and 'ASUS' - Fn Keys 1,2,3 and couldnt get it to work. The issue is that my keyboard has a 'fn' button and for the characters that I need on the right hand side of the keyboard I need to press this 'fn' button, if not it acts like a numpad almost.

Suggestions please?

EDIT: figured it out - I had to switch the Numlock On to false. each time you make a change to the kext, does it need to be reinstalled via a kext utility? just making the change in the kext in s/l/e did not work, I had to reinstall it.

I tried every combination of 'NONE' - Fn Keys 1,2,3 and 'ASUS' - Fn Keys 1,2,3 and couldnt get it to work. The issue is that my keyboard has a 'fn' button and for the characters that I need on the right hand side of the keyboard I need to press this 'fn' button, if not it acts like a numpad almost.

Suggestions please?

EDIT: figured it out - I had to switch the Numlock On to false. each time you make a change to the kext, does it need to be reinstalled via a kext utility? just making the change in the kext in s/l/e did not work, I had to reinstall it.

Yup. Any change to the internals of the kext requires it to be reinstalled/kext cache repaired

Hi, new to the forum but not to hackintosh.

I recently got a Dell S2240t touchscreen. Will your kext's work for this? I am hesitant to just try them as the OEM touchscreen is by Advanced Silicon. See device id's etc. below. I searched this thead but only found the guy with the Acer that moved to yosemite and lost trackpad function; whom was trying to use touchscreen. NOTE: oob it works like normal mouse - 2 fingers gets me mission control but thats it in terms of gestures. I am aware of touch-base and touchdaw but theres no way I will pay 177.00 for gestures.

(My sys spec.: 10.10.3, i5 2500k, z68, 8gb ram, gtx660, clover)

monitor info:
Dell S2240T

from system info:
USB

Composite Device:

Product ID: 0x2122
Vendor ID: 0x2149
Version: 13.31
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: 
Location ID: 0x1a120000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

OEM touch manufacture:
VID PID Manufacturer Description Controller Notes
2149 2122 Advanced Silicon CoolTouch(CTS122) Dell, S2240T, USB 

incredible work - any insight is appreciated.

thanks

I have an Asus UX305FA purchased from Microsoft to avoid bloat ware.

I have the Elan touchpad on my unit and use SmartTouchPad and AsusNBFnKeys.

The driver picks up Elan fine and seems to work as described after changing defaults

like scrolling to get an initial value. However, I have fat fingers and as the night becomes

morning my light touch has come and gone. This trackpad is hyper sensitive. System Preferences |

Trackpad has no sensitivity setting for touch pressure required. Is it possible to change value in plist?

Thanks

jhawk

• Moderators

Hi, new to the forum but not to hackintosh.

I recently got a Dell S2240t touchscreen. Will your kext's work for this? I am hesitant to just try them as the OEM touchscreen is by Advanced Silicon. See device id's etc. below. I searched this thead but only found the guy with the Acer that moved to yosemite and lost trackpad function; whom was trying to use touchscreen. NOTE: oob it works like normal mouse - 2 fingers gets me mission control but thats it in terms of gestures.

Try this http://www.touch-base.com