ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

@Everyone, v4.4 released so try and let me know you feedback to me in PM me. If you have any requests or problems then i request you to read threads which explain the features in my driver and then follow bug reporting in Issues thread to PM me.

guys if the files are kexts and it is for mac, whats the point of this driver, if i can't use it on windows?i mean mac already has ok touchpads, or am i missing something?

ApplePS2 kexts in Mac OS X enables touchpads to work as Mouse without multi touch. My driver provides some multi touch features to the touchpads i've explained in first post. If you are ok with touchpad working as mouse then you don't need my driver. Read my first post and you will understand.

Sorry, i have not shared my updated source code of my driver yet as I'm still actively developing and will update my github soon when everything i planned is finished and feel confident. Hope you would understand and don't worry I'm not going to make it closed as I've already have shared my initial source of ELAN 2 years ago. Also i intend to support my driver for long time and doing every week beta tests with so many users. 

EMlyDinEsH,

Just release the source code, already! What you're doing is unethical (not to mention, illegal). You have built upon the work of others who used software licenses that forbid making derivative works without distributing the source code.

Why haven't you done it yet?

• Administrators

nelloangelo117

you do understand your on a Hackintosh forum right? the objective it to make PC hardware have Apple MAC like functions. this is not intended for the windows operating system or a real apple machine. 

Kylec

why do you seem so frustrated about his code sources? if you feel you can help him in his project pm him in private and ask what you can help him with if thats your true intentions for the code. why do you assume there is anything illegal?

why do you seem so frustrated about his code sources? if you feel you can help him in his project pm him in private and ask what you can help him with if thats your true intentions for the code. why do you assume there is anything illegal?

The reason I'm frustrated, is that Emlydinesh has repeatedly promised to release the source code, but it seems like he has no intention of actually doing so.

As for legal or illegal, I really don't care. But there is no question that using a bunch of open source code as the basis for a piece of software and then keeping it closed source is WRONG. Do you deny that?

That code is almost 3 years old and works with V3 hardware only. The license is very clear: if you distribute binaries, you must also distribute the source code. There have been many publicly released versions of this driver since that time.

Scrolling is still pretty much broken in 4.4 for me.

Also, I agree with kylec, it's completely unreasonable to keep the source code closed. Both in terms of ethicality, and practicality.