ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Scrolling is still pretty much broken in 4.4 for me.

Also, I agree with kylec, it's completely unreasonable to keep the source code closed. Both in terms of ethicality, and practicality. 

What is your hardware and what are your symptoms?

I'm using v4.4 x64 in my Yosemite, and the single touch tap and scrolling do not work (two touch scroll). But somehow the three touch executes something (launch Applications). My system is Asus Zenbook UX303LB. The only usable thing is moving the mouse (slowly), and left and right hardware click (not touch).

I'm using v4.4 x64 in my Yosemite, and the single touch tap and scrolling do not work (two touch scroll). But somehow the three touch executes something (launch Applications). My system is Asus Zenbook UX303LB. The only usable thing is moving the mouse (slowly), and left and right hardware click (not touch).

Did you enable single touch tap in system preferences? Also, you may need to move the scroll speed slider once before 2 finger scroll will work.

That code is almost 3 years old and works with V3 hardware only. The license is very clear: if you distribute binaries, you must also distribute the source code. There have been many publicly released versions of this driver since that time.

Well still I'm doing some major work with beta testers so i can't update my git until I'm done. So please understand and wait for me to finish as i dont want to release right now because it may allow others to modify and distribute kexts even before my i finish everything i planned and many people can't get to know about my new changes if they use them.  I want to support this project for long time and i did spend hundreds of hours with testers(without hardware) and also implemented many of the features myself from the scratch so i deserve and have rights to not to update my project source until i feel confident. The base of my project is same as the source for keyboard and PS2 controller which you can find in v3 only source i have in github and rest of the changes from that version for touchpad are based on documentation and ideas from the credits section i have in first post.

Is this ELAN? PM me if you need support.

Scrolling is still pretty much broken in 4.4 for me.

Also, I agree with kylec, it's completely unreasonable to keep the source code closed. Both in terms of ethicality, and practicality. 

I'm doing all this work by dedicating myself a lot of time with testers without hardware and have implemented all these features. If you have any problems then share and help with beta test so i can fix this as I'm doing my best to support different touchpads and provide all features in common which is very hard work without hardware which I'm still doing by doing beta tests every week (weekends at least by spending around 10+ hours). I'll update my source when I've finished everything i planned to be in the driver and confident enough which is final. 

PS: Also i've provided several options to tweak the driver as needed by users by editing plist as you can see several options for scrolling too. Its really frustrating that users dont spend some time reading my thread explaining the features and understand them, instead expect out of box working for all features(sometimes some features can break due to no testing available for those). I'm balancing all the features and still I dont have enough beta testers as some will come and go away after they get fix for their problems and wont help to improve the driver further.

Hey Everyone!! 

my feedback about the smart touchpad Elan v.4.4

My System:

Zenbook UX305FA (FullHD Version)
El Capitan Beta 2 

Good Things:
- The driver works on yosemite and el capitan beta
- multitouch is works just fine
- two fingers scrolling need to move the scroll speed slider once before 2 finger scroll will work

And the bad things:
The sensibility its too high a little less will work perfect