ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I removed all kext (ApplePS2Controller, VoodooPS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2Keyboard and old Elan Touchpad)

But and replaced your kext ver 4.4 Keyboard working well and It's fixed my issue that made keyboard stop working after waking from sleep. Very Thanks!

But my new issue: Elan TauchPad Not working and TrackPad setting is empty is Settings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edite:

It's fixed after another reboot.

Thanks/

Does anybody know whether it is possible to override touchpad ranges? During boot SmartTouchPad.kext posts message:

Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 3260 Y_max 2119, CenterX 1630, CenterY 1059."

Are there any keys in Info.plist that will allow to change X_min and Y_min values so that some part of touchpad doesn't respond to touches? Ability to disable some part of touchpad's area will be very helpful for the users of laptops that have touchpad located closer to the left border, instead of having it at center, to prevent accidental touches by left hand.

I am using v4.4 on Lenovo Y510p and swipe gestures are not working. What should I do? I installed to /S/L/E and tried with clover too. NOTHING.

I can assure you v4.4.5 will please you once it is released. Everything will be working fine for Y510p among other laptops so all you have to do is to wait a bit ...

what is the difference of both releases aside from arch?

There is no difference between the x64 and x86 versions of SmartTouchpad other than arch. The 32bit build is intended for those with 32bit processors that are stuck on Snow Leopard.

Hey Everyone!! 

my feedback about the smart touchpad Elan v.4.4

My System:

Zenbook UX305FA (FullHD Version)

El Capitan Beta 2 

Good Things:

- The driver works on yosemite and el capitan beta

- multitouch is works just fine

- two fingers scrolling need to move the scroll speed slider once before 2 finger scroll will work

And the bad things:

The sensibility its too high a little less will work perfect

What do you mean by sensibility? If you're refering to pointer speed, that can be configured in both the Apple System Preference Pane, as well as in the driver itself. Find more information on how to configure the driver here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5966-details-about-the-smart-touchpad-driver-features/

Why rubber band scroll effect isn't working?

Need more information. Please tell us what system you have, what version of SmartTouchpad you are using, and what touchpad you have. An easy way to find this information is by opening a terminal and issuing:

sudo dmesg |grep -y std

Thanks for the kext, the problem is that I have a V3 Elan Touchpad and when I'm going to swipe with 3 fingers, the cursor becomes crazy and it goes from top to bottom from left to right of the display in a fraction on second and it starts using double touch on its own and the only way to fix this is to stop the pc and reboot. 

The PC is a E1-570G, could anyone please help me fix this?

Need more information. Please tell us what system you have, what version of SmartTouchpad you are using, and what touchpad you have. An easy way to find this information is by opening a terminal and issuing:

sudo dmesg |grep -y std

Does anybody know whether it is possible to override touchpad ranges? During boot SmartTouchPad.kext posts message:

Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 3260 Y_max 2119, CenterX 1630, CenterY 1059."
Are there any keys in Info.plist that will allow to change X_min and Y_min values so that some part of touchpad doesn't respond to touches? Ability to disable some part of touchpad's area will be very helpful for the users of laptops that have touchpad located closer to the left border, instead of having it at center, to prevent accidental touches by left hand.

SmartTouchpad doesn't currently support this, as far as I know, but a configuration key that would ignore some percentage of the trackpad seems like it wouldn't be too hard to implement. I'll suggest it to the developer.

Hi, i can't get two finger scroll to work

This is a frequently covered question: two-finger scroll wont work until you change the scrolling speed in the Apple Trackpad System Preference Pane.

If I disable and enable touchpad many times touchpad is acting like a crazy

sudo dmesg |grep -y std
  • Like 1

Hi my laptop is asus s400. Its equipped with a élan touchpad. I remember back in mavericks, i used your kext and the two finger scrolling works and left/right edge swapping but other gestures such as pinching the touchpad to launch launchpad doesn't work. Now with your this kext the pinching gesture works, double tap too but the two finger scrolling, left/right edge doesn't. I tried your latest kext to no avail. Thank you very much.

Guest agalin

Is it possible to disable touchpad some way? I.e. after USB mouse connection or by keyboard shortcut? I know there is accesibility option, but it doesn't work. Pref pane is disabled, but touchpad still works.