ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I have a Lenovo Y50-70 with ELAN touchpad and I'm about to install Yosemite 10.10.5 on it. I see you got a lot of downloads and feedback on your kexts for this touchpad and I am really keen to try them out. However, I'm trouble understanding what exactly I should be downloading.

You provide a lot of attachments in your post and I don't know how to proceed. Which of the attachments do I grab and install to my system once I'm finished with the system installation?

EDIT:

I think it should be made clearer in the first post on which attachment to download and start using. Don't say "any of them works", because no, it shouldn't be like that. There should be a developer's recommendation on which attachment to use as the first choice. For example, I got confused at the part where some attachments are named ELAN_* and some are SmartTouchPad_* ... What should I get for my ELAN touchpad? This is really confusing. It doesn't feel intuitive to grab those SmartTouchPad_* attachments, when there are ELAN attachments available. I don't know what to do!?

What about the three first attachments: SmoothMouse 1.0.5.zip, mouseaccelerationpref11d.zip and Apple Keyboard Layout ID.rtf. What are these about? Do I need to install them? There is NOTHING written about these.

This is kinda frustrating and seeing that getting a response here is rare, it makes it even harder to deal with. I just want to move on with my installation and be able to use the provided kexts the best way possible, but not being descriptive enough is a huge issue (for beginners like me at least)

Please help.

• Administrators

i thought the first post explains each version well enough to determine what each version does and its capabilities. what you need to know is exactly what version of hardware and firmware your machine has. he mentions he uses a z50-70 i do not know the difference between your model and his as you have a y50-70 in his case the z50 is a synaptic trackpad not an elan. with is why he integrated focaltec and synaptic to the élan trackpad and that called for the driver name to change as it was not only élan supported any longer. it seems to state it clearly but maybe i missed something that you seem to see.

i thought the first post explains each version well enough to determine what each version does and its capabilities. what you need to know is exactly what version of hardware and firmware your machine has. he mentions he uses a z50-70 i do not know the difference between your model and his as you have a y50-70 in his case the z50 is a synaptic trackpad not an elan. with is why he integrated focaltec and synaptic to the élan trackpad and that called for the driver name to change as it was not only élan supported any longer. it seems to state it clearly but maybe i missed something that you seem to see.

So according to you, what attachment do I use? And what about this question?:

What about the three first attachments: SmoothMouse 1.0.5.zip, mouseaccelerationpref11d.zip and Apple Keyboard Layout ID.rtf. What are these about? Do I need to install them? There is NOTHING written about these.

Thank you for  your response.

Hello there

thank you for the amazing work it works perfectly on my Asus Vivobook

except for the few hiccups now and then

my question is though if i activate mode 1 on keyboard to use brightness and volume controls without context key

how do i assign the context key to do the opposite which is get the F keys for Xcode debugging?

and is there a way to assign the actual fn key on the keyboard?

my device id Ven_ETD&Dev_0b00 my pc is samsung np300e5c-s0btr I am realy sure your driver is proper one but I have only two issue my f5 button is normally disables my touchpad but in the same time its changing my brightness also my brightess buttons works very well. If there any way to enable num lock in every startup by not touching numlock. I am using 4.4 x32 and x64

I find the driver works well for me but a friend has a funny way of using it. They want to hold 3 fingers down on the touchpad as using the left button and it brings up the finder search mac. I think its a good feature, but it seems not so good when holding down 3 fingers and left clicking it brings up a couple at a time. Holding down 3 is good without clicking. Is there a link that explains or gives a hint to disabling the features? I read mention of a plist with settings, But have only seen the keyboard one. Using v4.4

just did sudo dmesg |grep -y std and see its synaptic thought was élan but is a z50-70

Ok just answered my own question a bit below. Found the plist but not sure which one to change. I do doubt that you wanted the one gesture I described. Upon further testing, its actually 5 search windows that pop up if one holds the trackpad with 3 fingers and clicks the mouse button.