ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I don't have yosemite any more.

My laptop is Acer E1-571G

I used SmartTouch 4.4.5 64bit

I used Clover in boot loader if it can be relate.

When I use SmartTouch I will miss keyboard to login so I can't find log :-(

I will test again with 4.4 version and I will feedback.

--------------------- EDITE

I check the log, It was permission omitted kext.

I set root:wheel as owner and 755 for permission it's fixed and working well.

I'm using 4.5 version now. It's very better than windows elan driver. TouchPad is very responsive now THANKS.

Thanks/

just a question when I used ApplePS2 and AppleACPINub kext in starting osx num lock was automatically ON

Is there any way to turn on Num-Lock when OSX starting up ?

Read my thread about keyboard features for that. You can enable/disable this in keyboard plist.

• Like 1

Without my driver installed, you can disable and enable the touchpad without issues (double check) ? If its so then PM me for beta test and i'll debug.

Thanks for the reply and great work! 

No, without your driver, even when using the one supplied by RehabMan, no shortcut for disabling the touchpad works. For the Voodoo kext by RehabMan, it all worked flawlessly until the first boot to Windows 10. I am running a double boot config.

Let me know what info you need so I can help you help me :)

Hi!

Thank you for great work! Finally, touchpad doesn't freeze after system sleep!!!

But I don't like keyboard driver included into SmartTouchPad driver :( For example, key commands with custom keyboard driver not always works properly. And I don't know why, zooming like "command+mouse wheel" in Logic Pro X doesn't work :( But touchpad working fine!

Is there any way to disable custom keyboard driver at get back legacy driver?

Thank you. Sorry for my bad English..

Upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5 Final X64:

Biggest issues are:

1. cannot drag with two fingers anymore as it triggers two finger press / "right mouse click". On MAC you can drag items very intuitively using three finger press and move! Wish that could be implemented.

2. change in scroll inertia handling - it used to be better.

Thanks for supporting Hackintosh!

Hi,

This driver is made for PS2 devices, I have the kyb and trackpad USB connected for my device (as they are on the docking keyboard). I have a Ativ Tab 7 (Samsung) XE700T1C (whatever the model, it's still the same) and it got ELAN USB "Smart Keyboard" with a bundle of TrackPad and kyb as I mentioned before. How can I make this driver work with my device, as I don't have two finger scrolling or anything? (I should change some stuff on the info.plist or rebuild the whole thing or just give up?)

Thanks