ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hi everyone,

This is a multitouch driver for ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics touchpad for Mac OS X based on the documentations available and some ideas from VoodooPS2, ApplePS2 and Linux open source code.

SOURCE:

Project source code: https://github.com/E...Touchpad-Driver

I am doing some major work still with beta testers, so I cannot update my git until its done. So, please understand and wait for me to finish what I have planned as I do not want to release right now, because it may allow others to modify and distribute their version which can miss my changes and also worried about something else also which don not want to say here. I want to support this project for long time and I did spend hundreds of hours with testers (without hardware) and implemented many of the features myself from the scratch, so I deserve and have rights to not to update my project source until I feel confident. The base of the Apple PS2 sources I have used for my project are pretty much same you find in the source from my git link and rest of the changes from that are based on documentation and my own ideas.
CREDITS:

Any progress regarding releasing the current source?

By your own admission, you based your own code on the work of other open source projects. As a result, you are obligated (by license) to release the source code in a reasonable time frame.

I think it is long overdue.

I'm considering purchasing a laptop with ELAN, but will not consider using a kext that is not open source (I will write my own if needed).

Hey, any ideas on how to get this to work on an ASUS K501LX?  I know for a fact that I have an elan trackpad.. Neither the keyboard nor trackpad work with this kext.  I saw that someone mentioned in the thread that this kext worked on their ASUS k501ux which is a very similar model to my laptop..

I forgot to mention that I can actually only get my keyboard to work with the voodoops2 kext, but the trackpad doesn't respond.  In verbose boot I get the message, "smart touchpad failed to reset touchpad".. Not sure what this means.

I have an Asus skylake i7 Laptop & none of the kexts work for me  :-(  I checked through windows & confirmed that I have an ELAN touchpad! I guess the hardware has been updated and maybe your future kexts would work 

Great stuff. My tiny little Elan touchpad mimics and apple touchpad very well now. Wish I could install this driver on the windows partition. 

@Ddcotrored. You need to right click the kext, show package contents, edit the info.plist