ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

To the 4.7 Beta 3:
Tapping and scrolling now is working generealy better then in the Last Version.
Just a few things:
Tapping is working only if i open after start the trackpad prefpane in System Settings, otherwise tapping is not working at all.

The setting ScrollStopDetectSamples is also not working like in the older versions. 

To the 4.7 Beta 3:

Tapping and scrolling now is working generealy better then in the Last Version.

Just a few things:

Tapping is working only if i open after start the trackpad prefpane in System Settings, otherwise tapping is not working at all.

The setting ScrollStopDetectSamples is also not working like in the older versions.

To keep the settings after sleep:

1. Download ioio, put in /usr/bin

2. Create an .sh script, add

"ioio -s ApplePS2SmartTouchpad Clicking 1" to enable tapping.

You can also add other settings you want to keep. Use IORegistryExplorer and search for 'ApplePS2SmartTouchpad' to check more settings available. launch your script with terminal to check it

3. Create a .plist file and put it in /Library/LaunchDaemons/ to make it auto load on every boot

Open sistem preferences - keyboard - shortcut

Enable launchpad shortcut, take a sample of the gesture you want (for me, pinch with 5 fingers)

Hi Rizki, I'm sorry I dont get in the keyboard shortcut, I can only click for example command-L for Launchpad but if I do gesture, for example 3 finger tap, its not doing anything, is there something Im missing ?

And the middle button gesture is not working also

Thanks

Edit : I actually did it wrong, if I use gesture 4 finger tap, it works, it seems that the way it works, all gesture code has equivalent keyboard shortcut, I was using the one with middle button gesture so it wont work

Thanks Rizki :)

Hi, 

I have a Sony VAIO F11 with synaptics touchpad. Your driver works so far under Sierra 10.12.1 here. Also installed the prefspane  and setup it up.. Now I only have three problems:

- Double touch for right click does not work. Maybe the pad does not support multitouch... I don't know.

- The original voodoops2 driver leaves that right border for scrolling on the touchpad. Your driver removes that functionality. So currently - I guess due lack of multitouch support? - I only can scroll while holding down CTRL... Is it possible to get that right area for scrolling back?

- Even on fastest pointer speed, the movement still is kind of slow.... Can I speed this up even more?

Thanks for help, and keep up the good work!

• Like 1