ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I'm running 4.7 beta 5 on Sierra on a Zenbook ux303ub.  It's working great.  Have the following issues which may not be unique to this version but wanted to point out:

1.  Compared to my MacBook Air, accidental palm scrolling kicks in frequently and I need to be very careful when typing.  Is there anyway to improve the detection of an accidental palm similar to MacBook Air?

2.  Inertia scrolling seems to be there even when I turn it off from the trackpad preferences.

3.  Every now and then when I click and drag a file inside finder, it goes into this perpetual double click (where even when my fingers are not on trackpad, it's still repeating the double click).

But overall, this is awesome!

you have to use both kexts?

I will try with smart touchpad kext only, the only problem with this is that secondary click, two finger tap, doesn't work if I don't disable and enable, it seems that if I don't enable, the secondary click is three finger tap

• Like 1

I'm a new user w/ newly hackintosh'd UX303LA, which I believe has a focaltech touchpad.

Grateful for the kext.

Having trouble getting used to the touchpad behaviour, and just checking if anyone has advice on getting basic pointing/clicking & two-finger scrolling to behave more like a macbook. Pointer seems a little sensitive and very easily moves when I try to click if I'm not very careful. I seem to be accidentally closing Chrome tabs all over the place.
I'm getting used to continuous scroll, but fling/inertial scroll (quickly moving fingers and releasing) doesn't seem to carry any speed. I have increased the inertial scroll level to some-but-minimal effect. Also, having tested a few versions, 4.5 seems more stable/predictable for my touchpad, at least (vs 4.6, 4.6.5, 4.7b5)

Again, grateful for the kext, just hoping I can tweak the responsiveness so that it doesn't feel too different from my Macbook. Hoping someone has some tweaking advice for my UX303LA.

• Like 1

Same here, very cool and this is awesome.  However, I have a zenbook ux303ub and the trackpad is almost unusable just like the ux303la user.  Tons of double clicks, no palm rejection...right click seems to repeat right click 5-6 times.  I can't click and drag a file from finder.

Happy to help debug and troubleshoot.  Thanks.

Hey,

I have an Acer Aspire E1-571 with an ELAN Touchpad. Works good so far, but scrolling with two fingers is very slow. And it has a very long delay in contrast to normal MacBooks. When do you expect to release the new final version? BTW: I can only see the touchpad options when I use the newest Beta ;) Thanks in advance

Freddie

Scroll is very slow and will "lock" in scroll mode in one direction even if you do not move the fingers.

Swiping in one direction with 2 fingers for scroll will cause the content to scroll to a point then scroll in the opposite direction

Increasing the tracking sensitivity will cause the mouse to "jiggle" when holding 1 finger in place without moving (a movement threshold should be 

No way to use the native FN key

Using the latest beta 5

Hey,

I have an Acer Aspire E1-571 with an ELAN Touchpad. Works good so far, but scrolling with two fingers is very slow. And it has a very long delay in contrast to normal MacBooks. When do you expect to release the new final version? BTW: I can only see the touchpad options when I use the newest Beta ;) Thanks in advance

Freddie

Scroll is very slow and will "lock" in scroll mode in one direction even if you do not move the fingers.

Swiping in one direction with 2 fingers for scroll will cause the content to scroll to a point then scroll in the opposite direction

Increasing the tracking sensitivity will cause the mouse to "jiggle" when holding 1 finger in place without moving (a movement threshold should be 

No way to use the native FN key

Using the latest beta 5

What is your OS X version ? Please PM me for beta tests, so I can send you debug version.