ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I installed the latest beta 5 on my Asus x540lj and not only the trackpad still doesn't work, but now my keyboard won't work either.

Can anyone help me? I don't know how to find my trackpad model or if it is recognized.

I had edit the plist, for a other configuration.

2 Finger Tab for Right Click.

Also I had edit some gestures and the scrolling with 2 fingers.

All gestures are working great.

It's important to edit under keyboard the gestures to use it with the trackpad.

click on the action you want to use and do the gesture to save the shortcut. 

The value for right click was wrong here at the documentation.

33 works fine to provide a right click on the info.plist.

It would be great, if someone could take a look if there's a way to enable the elastic scroll animation. 

I had try out something without result..

defaults write -g NSScrollViewRubberbanding -bool true

greetings,

Thanks lad!

It's working now on my hackintosh!

---

So currently my touchpad is read as a mouse, so I can't use scroll reverser :/

Anyway to fix this?

Hello, all. Trying to setup ApplePS2Keyboard for my Q501la laptop. Downloaded version 4.6.5 for my ElCapitan install. I have keyboard with backlight so I patched DSDT with KeyboardBacklight 16Levels Patch (Haswell). I have activated backlight in info.plist. I have activated mode 2 like in this post https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5969-details-about-the-enhanced-keyboard-for-smart-touchpad-driver/&do=findComment&comment=32304

<key>Fn keys Layout</key>
            <string>NONE</string>
            <key>Fn keys Mode</key>
            <integer>2</integer>

But problem is. When I context key + F3 and F4 I can change keyboard backlight, but F3 and F4 for Mission control and launchpad don.t work

When I change

<key>Fn keys Layout</key>
			<string>Asus</string>
			<key>Fn keys Mode</key>
			<integer>3</integer>

I can press F3 and F4 for Mission control and launchpad, but can't adjust kbbrightness with context key.

Also need to use context key instead of Fn key despite having these strings in plist:

<key>Make context menu key into key</key>
				<integer>84</integer>

as described here https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5969-details-about-the-enhanced-keyboard-for-smart-touchpad-driver/&do=findComment&comment=32306

but fn key does not work at all.

P.S. Added F3 and F4 manually using System preferences->keyboard->shortcuts.

Hey, I'm new in here.

Unfortunately, the latest driver it doesn't work in my laptop lenovo g40-70 with elan touchpad on macOS Sierra 10.12 without updates. Both keyboard and touchpad.

Can anybody help me? 

I have Laptop Asus UX501VW - ELAN1000 (I2C) 

Aida64 report - http://vuicackieu.com/demo/Asus_UX501VW.zip

I try to "SmartTouchpad v4.7 beta 5but it don't work on my laptop

Before i use "VoodooI2C" work fine. But it cannot disable when i use mouse :( , it cannot ignore built-in trackpad when have mouse...

Now, how to use "SmartTouchpad kext" on my laptop ? Please help me !!

Thank you !

Hello, EMlyDinEsH and other hackintosh friends.

I wonder if it's possible to get your kext, but only with the trackpad kext plugin.

VoodooPS2Controller. kext works nice on my Lenovo IdeaPad U330 Touch (Elan Trackpad V4) referred to keyboard and mouse, but it doesn't work with my trackpad.

So, my idea is using your kext for the trackpad, and the Voodoo kext for the keyboard and mouse.

If I install your kext as a whole, my keyboard has a very strange mapping, I'd like to have voodoo because I've been using that kext for 7 years now and I'm very used to that mapping and all special key functions are already mapped.

Thank you very much,

I'm trying to assign the Hyper functionality to the CapsLock key, but I have problems: it works one time every two. I tried with the Sierra Caps Lock workaround option in the plist both on and off. I was thinking of remapping the CapsLock directly from the driver to the key I'm using as Hyper (F18) but in the keyboard documentation thread it says it can only be assigned to other modifier keys. Do you confirm this? Do you have a working CapsLock?

(v4.7 beta 5, Sierra 10.12.4)

The Synaptics touchpad can identify four finger operation in macOS10.12.4 use, but cannot customize gestures, but also can customize keyboard function keys in the FN, especially the display brightness adjustment cannot be more precise to adjust. I am in the process of using only three fingers instead of the right mouse button to complete the operation, which is extremely inconvenient. I hope the author can improve these problems, can pay more attention to the use of Synaptics touchpad experience.