ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I've found something interesting for settings via PrefPane

So, who has an empty prefPane when you installed a fresh copy of modern system 10.12+ and you want to make some settings in it. Like to enable Clicking.

By default PrefPane saves it's settings in plist file located at 

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad.plist

and by default sometimes earlier you can enable Clicking via Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad Clicking -bool true

but something went wrong (AAPL cheers) and a Key 'Clicking' has a wrong value format. It should be bool but has an integer. So we have to fix this issue

integer --> bool

Open this file with your editor.app (PlistEdit for ex) and fix this:

FM5Hdmw.png

to this

el9MK26.png

and then reboot or reenter account. 

Voila! Your prefPane will work properly.

EDIT:  Also I tried to revert this value format to the wrong one (integer --> 0) and reentered acc.  PrefPane worked after all. Setting 'Tap to click' was enabled but no clicking was physically. Then I tried two commands:

defaults write com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad Clicking -integer 1

defaults write com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad Clicking -int 1

without success. Then  unchecked 'Tap to click' and prefPane automatically fixed in it's plist integer (0) --> bool (false). Checked it once more to enable Clicking and voila: plist file has bool (true) and everything is working fine.

• Like 1

Hey.
I installed Mojave 10.14.5 on my Skylake laptop.
I tried to add kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext to the folder /CLOVER/kexts/Other, reboot, but the touchpad is that there is very limited without multigetto. I tried to throw this text in the Kext Utility, but after rebooting the result was the same.
Does anyone know how to make my Synaptics touchpad work on mac OS 10.14.5?

I had a problem with all the touchpad kexts (VoodooPS2Controller, ApplePS2SmartTouchpad and VoodooPS2Trackpad) - I just put them in Other (separately, together I didn't use them), rebooted the OS and the trackpad was not recognized in the settings. Then I began to try to install these kexts (for the touchpad) in the desired /L/E, performed in the terminal
Code: sudo kextcache -i /
and rebooted. Tried them using KextUtility to install. Naturally on one since all together they don't work.
I do not know after which iteration it helped, maybe right after zakidyvaniya in /L/E and run the command in the terminal, and maybe later after using KextUtility or manual throwing kext in /S/L/E and run the same command in the terminal. If you do experiment, then I recommend mark kexts color point (RMB on the file and choose a colored dot, XS as it is properly called) so that when everything is working to remove them from /L/E and /S/L/E and use of kexts/Other.
In General, after that, the appleps2smarttouchpad and VoodooPS2Trackpad kexts began to work as intended and the trackpad was recognized by the system and now these kexts work from kexts/Other.

hello here I am new I have in mind some inconvenience that accompanies me. I used the VoodooPS2Controller that worked well, but the trackpad was not so easy to use. That's why I was looking for and started using VoodooI2C + HID. trackpad works now perfectly but I have an inconvenience and I have to use VoodooPS2Controller to work my keyboard.

Problem 1: I have panic kernel when booting OSX. if I remove voodoops2 or I2C the system goes. I found that as soon as the apple logo shows up with loading progress and as soon as it shows and press any key, the system will start up without any problem! How is it possible and how to solve it? I've tried various tips on the internet about deleting text from VoodooPS2C .. but that didn't help.

Problem 2: if I press the key while driving on the trackpad, the cursor stops responding before I release the keyboard. like controlling the sound volume, but it happens with any key.

Can you give me some advice? Thank you