ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Trying to get my touchpad working on MSI GL63 9SDK. It shows up in ioreg as PS2M and that's why I'm assuming it to be a PS2 touchpad and also its model number seems to be SYN1509 from device manager. So here's the thing: the tracking works fine with just VoodooPS2Controller.kext but neither do the physical buttons work nor the tap to click. It doesn't show up in the preference pane as well. But when I use VoodooPS2 and ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext the tracking also stops working. Need help.

Attached 2 archives, one with ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext injected w: smarttouchpad.zipand the other is withoutw:o smarttouchpad.zip. The archives contain DSDT, ioreg and system info.

Thank you very much. It works perfect. The only 'thing' is Trackpad settings don't working (it saws trackpad not found and it is searching for bluetooth trackpad). It doesn't matter, I don't need it. So thank you very much!

Edit: trackpad settings worked after patched DSDT

Hi. I have a physical Fn key on my keyboard (Lenovo Yoga 700-14isk). Some of Fn+F1-12 work for any configuration of the kext, but not all of them - e.g. F11, F12 for brightness don't work. If I set fn keys mode to 2, then Shift-Caps+F .. works and maps to correct functions, but Fn+F.. work as before. Is there any way to use Fn insted of Shift+Caps in mode 2?

@Jake Lo do you have.a clue what value to change in info.plist for ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext to make 2 finger scroll faster? Or maybe there is a way to contact the developer of this kext? Tried some changes but didn't work (Asus with FocalTech) touchpad

• Moderators

Details are found in developer's guide

Scroll Acceleration modes: (v3.8 or later)
There are four modes of acceleration for scrolling in my driver, which can be set by editing the plist entry "2FScrollAccelMode" for 2f scroll and "EdgeScrollAccelMode"for Edge scroll.
They are:

• Optimized Acceleration (mode 0) : This is optimized mode which works best across all the touchpads same.
  • Fixed acceleration (mode 1) : This mode has fixed acceleration/speed and varies only with scroll speed value.
  • Extended acceleration (mode 2) : Its an extended version of optimized mode with more acceleration.
  • Super acceleration (mode 3) : This mode reflects the acceleration of your fingers and works based on that. It doesn't depend on scroll speed values from Trackpad prefpane but you can use it extend the speed even more for high resolution touch pads.
  • Super Extended acceleration (mode 4) : This is same as mode 3 but extends the acceleration.
  • Like 1