ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hello,
i have an Acer V5-171 Ivy Bridge Core i5 and it's working quite fine, except for 3 finger actions. 
My Elan Hardware:
18.01.13 09:35:01,000 kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 4 (with firmware version 0x461f01)
Thank you for the great work!!

I have made progress in three and four fingers as well but i need little testing before I can post it. My driver is almost close to finish just left tweaking to be perfect and two features left.

hello Dinesh,

I'm the one that helped you testing the V4, I apology about not goin on with you this past day, a full-time project keep me away! we can see to do a new "debug party" this week (not today or monday). PM me here the moment you prefer...

best regards.

EMlyDinEsH, I'm not too sure if this would help but I've seen the Windows 8 ELAN touchpad driver which works flawless in Windows.

It's ELAN Touchpad Version 14.1.3 which can be downloaded here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/elantech.htm

I was hoping that you may be able to take some of the 'source code' and apply to ELAN kext which you have been creating.

Its a binary file so its useless.

Hi! I've an asus K55VM with elantech V4. I've installed a lot of appleps2controllers, appleacpips2nub, voodoops2, ... without success, including this beta. Trackpad is the unique that don't run in my asus. I'd settle for that will only work the mouse, but had no gestures. Anyone know what I have to do?

Hi! I've an asus K55VM with elantech V4. I've installed a lot of appleps2controllers, appleacpips2nub, voodoops2, ... without success, including this beta. Trackpad is the unique that don't run in my asus. I'd settle for that will only work the mouse, but had no gestures. Anyone know what I have to do?

Are you sure you have Elan touchpad? is my driver enabling at least your touchpad as mouse?

Are you sure you have Elan touchpad? is my driver enabling at least your touchpad as mouse?

Yes, I'm 99% sure that my k55vm have an elantech v4 smartpad. Your driver don't make run my touch pad as a mouse. I've try much drivers without success. This is the download page of my notebook. 

http://www.asus.es/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K55VM/#download

Yes, I'm 99% sure that my k55vm have an elantech v4 smartpad. Your driver don't make run my touch pad as a mouse. I've try much drivers without success. This is the download page of my notebook. 

http://www.asus.es/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K55VM/#download

Did you remove all the kexts I mentioned in the post? Can you send me your system log and you can see the entries of Elan in that log if its loading.