ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Great work on those drivers, EMlyDinEsH! So far I've tested the new Keyboard controller. Works like a charm! :D

Since it's possible to change Context key's function to work as a standard Fn key, is it also possible to change F5-F12 functions to work without pressing Fn (like in standard Mac keyboard)?

Another thing, is it possible to turn off NumLock LED indicator? I've got it always turn on, but I don't really like the LED indicator.

EDIT:

Tested the trackpad kext. It also works great!

So far I've found only two problems:

1) No matter what I do I can't use Corner Tapping to activate Hot Corner. When I tap my trackpad's corner the cursor jumps to the corner, but not far enough to enable Hot Corner (it stops a few pixels from the corner of the screen border and thus it doesn't enable Hot Corner);

2) Trackpad's one finger tapping seems to work as one finger pressing? When I f.e. tap back button in Finder or Safari it shows me the context menu how far to go back, instead of going back jest once. This works right for trackpad buttons, one tap and it goes back once, press and it shows the menu.

Maybe I'm just missing something?

For hot corners to work, you need to enable and configure hot corners in Mission control. 

For Single finger tapping, yes this is known and happens only on finder and safari other than these its working fine. If I try to fix this then double tap on windows to drag won't work so try to double tap to quickly on back/forward button to get it work (or) use three finger swipe left and right for back/forward plz, i'll try to look at this in future for an alternative way. If you still want this then i can give an option to enable this which disables double tap on windows not to work.

great job  :D  work really good on asus série k55 !! precision is fine, Yeesssss !!

- just one thing, the 2 commands button right side, command and option are disable  :wacko: ( alt gr & list )

I try to enable iso  layout but nothing...

• Added ISO layout option and can be enabled/disabled from plist file entry "Use ISO Layout"

a idea ?

donate done  :P 

ps : what is the option to reduce the speed for the scroll two fingers ?  ok, just reduce the scrolling speed in trackpad setting mac ;)

I did not check the right option button very well, so I'll take a look at that. The right context menu button is being used as Fn e key but if you don't want these fn keys mode then disable it in plist and you'll get Context menu back working as showing list.

Thanks for your support.

On furhter thinking, I'd recommend adding adding Command mapping to Context key and a plist option to chose what the Context key does -> works like a standard Context key or Fn key or Command key.

For example, I'd really like use it as a Command key, as my Fn key functions properly and for Context I use trackapds's two finger pressing or right button.

I'll consider this and add these options in next update.

Hi Dinesh,

you write me :

he right context menu button is being used as Fn e key but if you don't want these fn keys mode then disable it in plist and you'll get Context menu back working as showing list.

---

do you mind the option in applePS2keyboard - info -

this option " Fnkeys mode " on off, but nothing do, always right control ( alt gr & list ) disable... this is this option ?

and this option " disable right app key " default NO ?

Thanks again for your hard work.

I run into more trouble with version 2.6
I guess I'd better stick with 2.1.3 until next version coming out x_x

What's not working:

0. ※ Any Edit to ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist will cause keyboard stop working. ※
  at first I set Fnkeys Mode and Swap alt and windows key to false, my keyboard stopped working after reboot (I fixed permission using kext utility) I thought it could be my mistake, so I edited once again from the original (version 2.6) kext and only changed Fnkeys Mode to false - I have my keyboard stopped working once again...

The keyboard won't work before or after login... it just doesn't work... and as soon as I change back to the unchanged file, I'm fine .___.
  I'll attach my edited version, please check what I'm doing wrong ;w; maybe I'm using the wrong editor? I used textwrangler, which is fine with all other stuff ;w;

1. Corner tapping doesn't work.
  Pointer never reaches the corner, just stops a few pixels from the edges. And it never returns to the position before I do corner tap :/ if this is really that hard, we can live with old returning to center style...

2. Sleep Display doesn't work (ASUSK56CM)
  I can use MENUKEY+F5/F6 to adjust the brightness, but I can't use F7 to sleep the display (yes, the keyboard and touchpad sleeps but my screen remains on. I have to hit escape key to get my keyboard and touchpad work again.)
  Since I do uses the MENUKEY(which identified as command key) a lot, I guess I just go disable the FN thing <- failed ._.
  For brightness adjust, your driver works fine. but since I decided to disable MENUKEY as FN key function, I have to find another way. I tried before to use a keyboard shortcut to do the brightness adjusting (With better touch tool, if you can't find it check my earlier reply) got no luck. so I think I'll just add a menubar icon to adjust brightness - which turned out a simple one you can get it free here: http://www.bergdesign.com/brightness/

3. Double tap to drag on Windows doesn't work
  Just not working. I tried double tap on window, titlebar, titletext, even the buttons - I still can't use double tap to move a window.
  oh wait a minute... double tap on titlebar icon works. but not all the window have an icon bro... for example safari doesn't have one. and it's really not good to use that little icon... I'd rather stick with one finger hold to drag :/

4. Four fingers tap
  This works, I just can't disable it. This is really annoying.... I can't do any other four fingers gestures like four fingers swipe because it always triggers the four-finger-tap - full screen switch first. Is there anyway I can disable this stuff? (yes I can disable four fingers press, but I can't disable tap...)

5. KeyBoardNumLockOn PinchZoom
  Doesn't work. However, vertion 2.1.3 has the same functions and worked fine with me... well, this is not really a big deal, I need numlock just to enter password, for pinchzoom I hardly use that.

6. FN key (MENU key, a.k.a the "APP" key) doesn't reconized by system as FN key. which means we can't use it to customize any keyboard shortcut ;w; is it possible to make FN key a "real" FN key?

What's working:

1. Prevent accident input now works a lot better.
  Now it really works, not only movement but also tapping, edge swiping and other gestures are prevented while typing. This is really good.

2. Edge swiping works better.
  At first I thought it was harder to trigger than before, then I found out that I just need to swipe in a bit further to get it work - acturlly it triggers better than before.

3. Scroll smoothier
  This is now really feeling smooth! well done!
  [bUT!] have you tried two fingers scrolling in launchpad? it's feeling horrible ;w;

What's not sure:

1. No more freezing (?)
  Like I said, this problem doesn't happen all the time, but so far I tried to type really fast, and switching between all my IME and in both OS X and Windows(VMware) I haven't run into the freezing problem with version 2.6 - maybe it's fixed, but I just can't be sure.

2. ALC ... blahblahblah
  I had a problem that my laptop speekers has no sound after sleep (I can still get sould from headphone) I'm not sure if this is the fix for this problem. But I've switched to voodooHDA driver from patched AppleHDA, which has no problem after sleep and I can get higher volume of my mic (I can hardly say my mic worked before... volume just too low) so for someone has the same mic problem, I suggest to switch to voodooHDA driver (If your mic doesn't work, try increase IMix, Recording Level and Monitor volume in voodooHDA preference panel for the microphone port. I recommend to set IMix to around 60%, the other two to 50%. You may get some noise but not really noisy, and you can get your mic with higher volume which makes it become useable) remember keep Input Gain MUTE!! ) - the only problem is while plugging in headphone, output won't automatic change. I have to hold option key then click on the menubar volume icon to manually select the output device, but that's not big deal and sometimes I do want to select output device by myself, so I just keeped it that way.

What can be better:

1. Gesture for "Locked Drag"
  While dragging using a touchpad, it's really annoying if you can't reach the target because the touchpad isn't big enough. enabling drag lock can be a solution, but we don't really need drag lock all the time. so it could be better if we can just temporary enable drag lock with a special dragging gesture - like dragging with three/four fingers. It would be even better if you can make this gesture not only works as a locked drag but also works for dragging window below the pointer.(maybe just make the one-finger-hold-to-drag function to locked drag?)

2. Gestures as Keyboard shortcuts
  Maybe just use some shortcuts that will hardly be used by any application, for example: set a gesture using keyboard = num1 means that gesture triggers "CTRL+COMMAND+OPTION+SHIFT+NUMPAD1"

ApplePS2Controller-no-function.kext.zip

• Like 1

Thanks again for your hard work.

I run into more trouble with version 2.6

I guess I'd better stick with 2.1.3 until next version coming out x_x

What's not working:

0. ※ Any Edit to ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist will cause keyboard stop working. ※

at first I set Fnkeys Mode and Swap alt and windows key to false, my keyboard stopped working after reboot (I fixed permission using kext utility) I thought it could be my mistake, so I edited once again from the original (version 2.6) kext and only changed Fnkeys Mode to false - I have my keyboard stopped working once again...

The keyboard won't work before or after login... it just doesn't work... and as soon as I change back to the unchanged file, I'm fine .___.

I'll attach my edited version, please check what I'm doing wrong ;w; maybe I'm using the wrong editor? I used textwrangler, which is fine with all other stuff ;w;

2. Gestures as Keyboard shortcuts

Maybe just use some shortcuts that will hardly be used by any application, for example: set a gesture using keyboard = num1 means that gesture triggers "CTRL+COMMAND+OPTION+SHIFT+NUMPAD1"

For corner tapping, did you enable Hot corners and configured in Mission control? And also you just need to tap like a single tap click unlike last version where we can tap and hold it also.  The corner tapping won't restore the pointer middle but this time it can start from absolute position where you touch the touchpad which is rather good since you can start from anywhere you want just touching the touchpad at the position.

For double to drag on windows, its working for me and also the testers of v4 so i did not understand about this. So, are you doing double tap and drag very fast? can you double tap and hold a second  before drag.

For disabling gestures, I've explained that -1 should be set to the gesture.

For NumLock, you mean num lock key not turning it on/off? What about pinch zoom.

are you changing command and control key positions or using default?

For no sound after sleep in ALC269, you need patched IOAudioFamily  which I've already did in my AppleHDA section, so check that.

I'll look into your suggestions and issues reported by other users and will try to release an update soon.