ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

For corner tapping, did you enable Hot corners and configured in Mission control? And also you just need to tap like a single tap click unlike last version where we can tap and hold it also.  The corner tapping won't restore the pointer middle but this time it can start from absolute position where you touch the touchpad which is rather good since you can start from anywhere you want just touching the touchpad at the position.

For double to drag on windows, its working for me and also the testers of v4 so i did not understand about this. So, are you doing double tap and drag very fast? can you double tap and hold a second  before drag.

For disabling gestures, I've explained that -1 should be set to the gesture.

For NumLock, you mean num lock key not turning it on/off? What about pinch zoom.

are you changing command and control key positions or using default?

For no sound after sleep in ALC269, you need patched IOAudioFamily  which I've already did in my AppleHDA section, so check that.

I'll look into your suggestions and issues reported by other users and will try to release an update soon.

Thanks for the reply.

For corner tapping, I still can't get it work...

For double-tap to drag window, I tried to tap faster or slower, on different position nothing helped :/ The only way I can drag a window is to use single-finger-press or double-tap on the icon which does not exist in every window :( but I can live with that since I set move the window under pointer while holding option key (using BTT)

For disabling gesture, it works, just not for four-finger-tap :( I tried -1, 10(for the last version which only supports 9 gestures), 99 - none of them helped and I still get the four-finger-tap to toggle full screen mode feature, which is annoying and always being wrongly triggered when I want to do any four-finger-swipe gesture, this is really sad - basically I can't use any four-finger-swipe gesture.

For numlock, I mean in 2.1.3 I can set numlock to be on at system boot, but I can't get the same feature work in 2.6

and the most strange part is, even after editing ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist (which will bring my keyboard down) I can still use the numlock to toggle the LED - which makes no sense since I can't type any character by any key on my keyboard - I had to use an USB keyboard to restore to 2.1.3 driver :(

For Pinch zoom, I don't know why but it just stopped working. As I said 2.1.3 works fine with me... well, it doesn't hurt much since I don't like to use pinch zoom on a touchpad...

For command key, yes. I exchanged command and ctrl in keyboard preference, then I set command key pos to 2 in driver plist file according to the document.

For no sound after sleep, I'll check, thanks in advance. but I do need my microphone... I can't get enough volume with appleHDA, no matter what I do in sound preference... So in the end I guess I'll just live with voodooHDA...

And as others reported, right alt key just stopped working. which means after exchange command and ctrl, I can't get left  edge swipe gesture work (for space switch left/right, which I assumed to be a simulation of right ctrl + left/right arrow key?

And yes, I disabled BTT while testing the new driver, although I don't think BBT as a software has something to do with driver and it worked fine with 2.1.3 - so now I just switched back to 2.1.3 :(

Hi Dinesh,

Can you implement Keyboard Backlight control as well since your Fn key kext driver doesn't work for me for some reason even after the DSDT edits.. I have an ASUS UX31A with 1.9Ghz Core i7.

Thanks,

Adi

Your keyboard not working completely? explain your issue clearly plz

Yeah,I install the kext with the kext wizard,and repair the permission,then reboot my pc and I find my keyboard doesn't work,and I find the same problem in some pc too.

Yeah,I install the kext with the kext wizard,and repair the permission,then reboot my pc and I find my keyboard doesn't work,and I find the same problem in some pc too.

Was your keyboard working fine in last version? Can you try to remove the old version kexts manually and reinstall back? Also can you send me your system log after installing my new kext?

Hi Dinesh,

Can you implement Keyboard Backlight control as well since your Fn key kext driver doesn't work for me for some reason even after the DSDT edits.. I have an ASUS UX31A with 1.9Ghz Core i7.

Thanks,

Adi

Sorry it cannot be enabled in touchpad driver since those are ACPI events so i specifically written that driver for that. I'll help you to get that working with Fn key driver so PM me.

My right alt key also stoped working. Im using the alt key as Command Key and the Windows and Context key as Alt.

Also i don't understand what went wrong with the ISO option. I might be doing something wrong since Ukelele (the keyboard mapping app im using to define my keyboard) doesn't see my keyboard as ISO.

Hi Dinesh!!!
I'm testing your last kext, but I have some problems with it.
First, my Alt GR key stopped working. Then, when I return from sleep I listen a annoying beep.
I update to IOAudioFamily_Patched_10.8_NEW kext but I continue listening the beep.
Also, I have set my info.plist to not auto scroll, but the scroll is very sensitive and when I lift my finger on the trackpad, auto scroll continues doing his job and get to the bottom of the page.

How I can fix this? Thanx in advance...

The Ukelele now correctly identifies my keyboard as PS2, but it stills says its ANSI instead of ISO. The big difference is the < key between the left Shift and the Z key. This post bellow says Apple did this, wich Dinesh confirmed me in PM. I would gladdly contribute with the patch if the source code for Dinesh kext was published:

http://ipis-osx.wikidot.com/forum/t-110007/ps2-keyboard-as-iso

I also experienced the absolutely no keyboard experience, but i believe it comes from some kind of configurations combination on the .plist. For me what happened was when i changed from disable "Right App key" from yes to NO (<false/>). All i did to solve was reinstall the kext changing the "Use ISO layout"from YES to NO.

EDIT: Found more people with exactly the same problem at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/40646-cant-set-ps2-keyboard-to-iso/. They suggest using a empty ADB (whatever that is) to map the <> key and latter change it with Ukelele.

Was your keyboard working fine in last version? Can you try to remove the old version kexts manually and reinstall back? Also can you send me your system log after installing my new kext?

The kext working fine in 2.1.3 mountain lion,and my edtion is 10.8.3,before I install the kext,I remove all the old kexts and I try install the last edtion for 3 times,but it did't work,in fact,my friend has the same problem with me too,and my computer is dell 7520.