ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hi there, sorry for the late reply and I do appreciate you taking your time in helping me with this issue.  I have v4 and essentially when i physically click the left touchpad button (not tap), it makes the cursor jump so it makes clicking inaccurate. If I try to hold the left click touchpad button down, I can't drag with it.  I'll hold the button down and try to drag an item but it just moves the cursor.  I have a Asus x202e.  Thanks so much!

Have you tried the new version v2.8.3? If you still have that issue then i would need some testing from you to fix this, so PM me for details.

hi! I'm on 10.8.5 on my S3 and your kext wont work anymore.

basically touchpad works as a mouse and in settings ive no touchpad detected.

any suggestion? or its a known issue?

thx!

Strange, lots of people have this issue but for me and some people i know have no problems. Can you send me your System log from Console app so i can take a look your issue?

if you run kext utility/wizard, on next boot you should use the bootflag UseKernelCache=No, or else the touchpad won't work

----

I'm really loving the latest version (2.8.3), all the bugs I used to face are fixed and working fine as always :D

---

Is there a way to show only 1 line of code on boot? I think it would make our hackintoshes boot faster since this kext displays a lot of lines on boot (set -v and you'll see)

---

On latest version I can't open notification center just by swyping from the edge to the left, I've tried setting that key combination but still no luck

---

thanks so much for your hard work, really saved me and a lot more people, I hope you know that  :wub:

Sorry I have a question.

My hardware is v3 and I'm using v2.8.3.

I am currently using a modified DSDT which enables fn keys. (fn+f12 and fn+pause to adjust the light)

But after I upgraded to v2.8.3, my previous fn keys are not working (fn+f12 and fn+pause).

I tried to modify the plist, but I cannot disable fn keys.

Also I tried to use the keyboard.kext from v2.1.3, fn keys worked but my touchpad was not functioning.

How can I get my previous fn keys worked?

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Hello,

I installed the following versions:

- ElanTouchpad_ML_V1.7_Final_V3_Only.zip - no trackpad, no FN

- ElanV4_1_8_2_beta.zip - no trackpad, no FN

- ElanTouchad_v2_6.zip - no FN

- ElanTouchpad_v2.8.3.zip - no FN

How I can sort out the FN key?

My laptop is asus k55vm.

I do not use dsdt patch.

Thank you.

Hello,

I installed the following versions:
- ElanTouchpad_ML_V1.7_Final_V3_Only.zip - no trackpad, no FN
- ElanV4_1_8_2_beta.zip - no trackpad, no FN
- ElanTouchad_v2_6.zip - no FN
- ElanTouchpad_v2.8.3.zip - no FN

How I can sort out the FN key?
My laptop is asus k55vm.
I do not use dsdt patch.
Thank you.

Hello,

I faced a similar problem on an ASUS K45VM, until I figured out that I was using the "wrong" Fn key. Try using the right context key (the one between <CTRL> and <ALT>) as Fn and see if it works for you. In my case it works this way: the "real" Fn works with F1, F2 and F7; all the other F keys work only with the right context key.

And for backlight control support, it is possible that you may need to edit your DSDT to include a PNLF section.

@EMlyDinEsH

Thanks for your hard work on this!