ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Strange issue with your latest driver and the brightness (fn) control - once the brightness slider hits half way the controls no longer work. If I manually drag the slider to the darkest setting, fn+f2 will increase the brightness until the midway point. The reverse is also true for the highest setting manually and the keyboard shortcut fn+1 to decrease.

Neither controls work whilst the slider is "stuck" at the halfway point however, until manually altered using the slider in System Preferences>Displays.

Merry Christmas mate, the rest of the patch seems perfect!

What is your notebook model? The latest driver has been set to Fn keys mode 2 which doesn't need any Fn key to hold to access functions of fn key from F1-F12.  I've changed this mode back to 1 in the new minor bug update.

Nice!!!

V3 is working for (6758151)!!!

3 Finger gesture: Working

3 Finger tap: Working

4 Finger tap: Working

4 Finger gestures: Dont Know

2 Finger Scrolling:  Working! (Not synchron scrolling, more like wheelscrolling)

Move/Left/Right Click: Working

Update:

Click(Hold) and with other finger move: Working!

If you scroll down with 2finger it scrolls up again sometimes.

Thank you very much!!!!

There is no synchronous scrolling built into OSX, i've seen this synchronous scrolling only in Office sheets in Windows. Why you are mentioning this here? My scrolling is not just like Wheel scroll and it has Inertial and Continuous effects which is more like apple touchpad scrolling.

The scroll down doing scroll up sometimes is due to rubber/elastic effect which gets triggered(experimental feature) if you get your fingers at the  very bottom/top of the touchpad and release. I've disabled this in a new minor update released today which also fixes right click bug in v4 hardware and an app switch gesture bug.

Hi Emily..

I change the value of RightEdge Swipe into 14 (Edge Swipe Enabled), that means Notification Center.

It don't work on mine with latest Kext version + 10.9.1

thx.

Edge swipes are disabled by default and you need to enable using either plist edit and install (or) gesture to enable/disable. I've also restored NC to soft mode in the new version just like before, but you can set this to Keyboard shortcut by editing plist value to 14 and assigning shortcut like i explained in the features thread. By the way, you need to swipe a little faster for NC soft mode to work.

Updated to v3.0.2, and the trackpad doesn't work. It loads fine in verbose boot, shows up in kextstat and System Information, but whatever I do to make the cursor move, nothing happens. And furthermore, my settings for Keyboard fn mode 1, don't work either. Only volume up/down controls work. Plists of both kexts attached.

Note that it worked perfectly in v2.8.

SRSR33_plists.zip

What is your notebook model? The latest driver has been set to Fn keys mode 2 which doesn't need any Fn key to hold to access functions of fn key from F1-F12. I've changed this mode back to 1 in the new minor bug update.

It's a Lenovo Z500. Brightness up only works when the level is 0-49%. Brightness down only works when the level is 100-51%. At 50% brightness neither button works until the slider is manually altered in display settings.

Hi EMlyDinEsH I tried version 3.0.2 and previous 2.8.3 version and with both versions physical buttons doesn't work for left and right clic, but they work for drag this is in a Ver 4 hardware, this is from log with ver 2.8.3

Dec 27 10:32:05 localhost kernel[0]: ElanTech Touchpad driver v2.8.3 by EMlyDinEsH(OSXLatitude) © 2012-2013

Dec 27 10:32:05 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad
Dec 27 10:32:05 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: FirmWare Version 3542784
Dec 27 10:32:05 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 4 (with firmware version 0x360f00)
Dec 27 10:32:05 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Successfully placed touchpad into Absolute mode
Dec 27 10:32:05 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Setting touchpad Range
Dec 27 10:32:05 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad Pad CentreX 1795, CentreY 940
Dec 27 10:32:05 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad range X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 3591 Y_max 1881
Dec 27 10:32:05 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: MouseInformation { 0x20, 0x03, 0xc8 }
Dec 27 10:32:05 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Enabling the touchpad Success

and this with new 3.0.2 version 
Dec 27 13:04:29 Agustins-iMac kernel[0]: ElanTech Touchpad driver v3.0 by EMlyDinEsH(OSXLatitude) © 2012-2013
Dec 27 13:04:29 Agustins-iMac kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad........
Dec 27 13:04:29 Agustins-iMac kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 4 (with firmware version 0x360f00)
Dec 27 13:04:29 Agustins-iMac kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad Enabled successfully

please help 

Thanks!!!

Hey, EMIyDinEsH. Is it possible you could upload the source for your v3.0.2 driver, or at least the ApplePS2Keyboard part of it? I'd like to map the caps lock key to the escape key and vice versa. I found your old source on GitHub, and I was able to remap the keys, but there are a few trackpad quirks that aren't in the 3.0.2 driver. Great work on this project by the way!

What is your notebook model? The latest driver has been set to Fn keys mode 2 which doesn't need any Fn key to hold to access functions of fn key from F1-F12.  I've changed this mode back to 1 in the new minor bug update.

There is no synchronous scrolling built into OSX, i've seen this synchronous scrolling only in Office sheets in Windows. Why you are mentioning this here? My scrolling is not just like Wheel scroll and it has Inertial and Continuous effects which is more like apple touchpad scrolling.

The scroll down doing scroll up sometimes is due to rubber/elastic effect which gets triggered(experimental feature) if you get your fingers at the  very bottom/top of the touchpad and release. I've disabled this in a new minor update released today which also fixes right click bug in v4 hardware and an app switch gesture bug.

Sry dinesh.

You are right, i don't say your scrolling is bad, i just asked you it's not synchronous.

But your scrolling is not bad at all, it's much better as the original drivers for windows!

But believe me, in the new elan drivers: v11.6.27.201 Download Link

Don't try 11.12.0.12 (this version is not good as the 11.6)

You have with that drivers, synchronous scrolling everywhere in windows.

But don't break your head with that, try that windows drivers out if you want.

Your implemention is just awesome!

You maked this touchpad very useable in OSX

And thats make us all here really thankfully to you!

Cheers :-)

And sorry for my really bad english^^