ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

what you want improve in horizontal scrolling? it scrolls too fast? and you want it slower?

Okay:

Open one of this websites:

http://album.alexflueras.ro

http://www.clholloway.co.za

http://elfletterig.nl

And you see, here is your horizontal scrolling working good....

Now you open finder and everything is too fast...

WHY???

BECAUSE:

EmlyDinesh

1. don't have all the API's for OSX that are needed for the touchpad

2. don't have the possibility to communicate with the touchpad, how the real elan drivers can do this in windows.

3. Original Apple Touchpad communicating with osx through the SMC, we don't have a SMC Chip in our boards!

So you see, the possibilities aren't borderless, and he do what he can!

He can define scrolling speed and sensivity and all that, but it seems like OSX have for every thing custom settings...

The thing is, if he Change the scroll speed, the scroll speed doesn't only changes in Finder! It Changes everywhere!

If anyone, seen anything working with other drivers (Voodoo) for example, just ask! Maybe there are other ways, to make things better...

Cheers :-)

on my acer 5750G Elan V3

horizontal scrolling in Launchpad, it is bad

Well, horizontal scroll is not bad in launchpad and its because of inertia scroll effect. So, if you scroll fast/big (or) disable inertia effect then you won't see little lag. Seems like so many people are not happy with this effect in launchpad. Will try provide an option to disable inertia for horizontal scroll(will be disabled by default in next version) and its not possible to disable this effect on context based in my driver due to lack of API.

Thanks again for this fantastic update!!

It works even better than before.

However there's still an annoyance rather than a bug : left button dragging

It works but not just as it should and as it does on windows.

And another thing : Double tap dragging

This feature is not present in my touchpad (V4) and there is no way to enable it from the plist.

Other than these little things it is a very complete driver and simply awesome. The prefPane is the only thing that is missing to this project to make it more user friendly.

Thank you very much again.
Regards

Hi,

The version 3.5 work well on 10.9.1 but there are some " little bug " with option double tapping drag. On version 3.3 all work fine but not with the new one, even if i can change the values on plist, many test i had do.

Another thing, can't enable the option to map Delete as command + backspace shortcut for deleting files.

• Moderators

I cannot get this to work for the life of me.

Deleted essential ALL .kext that will give rise to any problems, tried multiple versions and everything!

Can anyone confirm that this works with the Dell Latitude E6230 running 10.9.1 using myHack?

mrsunshine, the E6230 has an Alps touchpad, not Elan Touchpad, so will not work.

• Like 1