ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

All,

Running a Samsung NP880Z5E Core i7 here with Mavericks 10.9.1.

The Elan driver works well for the most part, but it is not giving me a "right click" capability on the smart pad.

I looked in the plist and didn't find any issues there.

Any help to get the right click working on the smart pad would be appreciated.

I am running Elan driver 3.5, when I try to install the 4.0beta neither the keyboard or smart pad function and I have to use a USB keyboard and mouse to get the system back to 3.5.

I am booting off of external HD via USB port.

I would be glad to be a beta tester for any new releases!

Regards,

Darryl

Enable please "v4ButtonsSimulated" inside the kext in the info.plist and disable "v3HWLegacyMode"

Its strange, no one from beta testing is facing any issue with double tap and drag release at all. I might need your help in debugging this so PM for beta testing.

Dinesh, just tested it, he have right, there is a bug with V4... We need to figure it out...

good day 

I installed version 3.5 and I could make the point moving at a decent speed with smoothmouse. But I am unable to use the right button. In addition, clicking on the touchpad with two fingers, does oo pointer crash and only works again if you click with one finger. The only kext that worked, was 3.5 - If you have to customize to turn right, thank you.

Enable please "v4ButtonsSimulated" inside the kext in the info.plist and disable "v3HWLegacyMode"

If doesn't help, try without smooth mouse.

Cheers :-)

compliments version 3.5 is great

just one thing.

my laptop is an acer elan 5750gi7 v3

the double tap and drag it works, but is slow to release

I have to wait about a second

while with keys works well

There are three ways to release the drag. Read my features explanation thread for details. Also the next version has improvements to dragging and tapping. So, wait for that version which will be released this weekend.

Hi!

I've got 2 problems with this driver. At first, my right trackpad button doesn't work (I've tried to change v4ButtonsSimulated/v3HWLegacyMode entries). And a bit more weird situation is linked with my keyboard Fn button. It works only with combination of F1 (Sleep) / F2 (Wi-Fi) / F5/F6 Brightness modes / F7 (Internal display shutdown). And the option key/shift+caps works with all other combinations. I have the AsusFNKeys.kext installed to Extra and Elan Driver to /S/L/E. My laptop is Asus K501n model. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot ;)

Hi!

I've got 2 problems with this driver. At first, my right trackpad button doesn't work (I've tried to change v4ButtonsSimulated/v3HWLegacyMode entries). And a bit more weird situation is linked with my keyboard Fn button. It works only with combination of F1 (Sleep) / F2 (Wi-Fi) / F5/F6 Brightness modes / F7 (Internal display shutdown). And the option key/shift+caps works with all other combinations. I have the AsusFNKeys.kext installed to Extra and Elan Driver to /S/L/E. My laptop is Asus K501n model. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot ;)

Do you have any modifier position changesespecially control key?  If you do then try to set them to default and try. Also Let me know what you have changed in the modifiers. 

I dont understand about your Fn keys problem. Could you explain?

• Administrators

they do but you have to boot lion using the boot flag arch=i386. but if you have some kexts that are not a "Fat" binary meaning both 32 and 64 bit then those might not load and give you other issues. lion is the last mac os to still boot in 32 bit mode.