ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Are you using new version of AsusNBFnKeys? What you need to edit in that to get it working? Can you explain your brightness level issue again as I'm confused still?

Just checked, with Completely different settings in AsusNBFNKeys kext...

And its working perfect.

What i mean is, if you are using AsusNBFnKeys v2.2, you don't need to modify anything, it should just work if you just edit ApplePS2Elan...

Cheers :-)

Ok guys!!

I solved all the problems!! It was my version of AsusNBFnKeys that was old (v1.7.2) and was not working properly! :D

But I strongly suggest you, either to include the AsusNBFnKeys as a plugin in ElanTouchpad.kext or to specify that you need to use an updated version of AsusNBFnKeys to make it work ok.

You need to specify that these two kext are correlated in some way. It may seem obvious to you, but I'm pretty sure that many users didn't even know that they need to be both updated.

At least this is what I think!

Thank you again for this update and the very useful support!

Cheers!!  :-P

Ok guys!!

I solved all the problems!! It was my version of AsusNBFnKeys that was old (v1.7.2) and was not working properly! :D

But I strongly suggest you, either to include the AsusNBFnKeys as a plugin in ElanTouchpad.kext or to specify that you need to use an updated version of AsusNBFnKeys to make it work ok.

You need to specify that these two kext are correlated in some way. It may seem obvious to you, but I'm pretty sure that many users didn't even know that they need to be both updated.

The Asus Fn kext is not madatory. It just adds extra functioanilty for keyboard backlight, you should be able to use the old versions of that kext without issues if you disable the correct plist nodes.

I am willing to provide time, driver dumps, and a sizable donation if you can help me get my system76 Kudo professional's clickpad working (yes it's elan). Just tell me what you need and how much it will cost.

Thanks for your support and I'll PM you details.

Ok guys!!

I made both to operate independently and there could have been a bug as i don't have hardware to test them very wel. I'm going specify about the requirement of need to use updated AsusNBFnkeys and Thanks for your feedback.

I made both to operate independently and there could have been a bug as i don't have hardware to test them very wel. I'm going specify about the requirement of need to use updated AsusNBFnkeys and Thanks for your feedback.

You're welcome! And thank you!! Great job!!