ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

We talked before briefly about the possibility to turn off keyboard LED notification for Num Lock. Is that feature still in the works?

Yes, next update will enable this from plist.

That's great! I've been thinking about it some more and got one more idea. How about enabling/disabling all LED indicators under the touchpad (without the one for power button)? Is that possible? Those damn things always irritate me when they mirror on my display while I'm watching something.

This is my own implementation of Elan touchpad driver for Mac OS X based on the ideas of the VoodooPS2, Apple and Linux sources.

I have successfully accomplished everything so far and added many new features for Mac OSX. Its working very well without any problems to me and many users.

My driver fully supports almost every hardware version of Elan except version 1 which is too old (will support that if i get beta testers).

@Everyone, I request you not to post about your issues in this thread, If you have any issues in my driver then post them here: Elan Touchpad issues. Use this thread only to ask about features details, usage and for any other comments. Also please go through my features thread once for understanding usage of features.

UPDATE: New version v3.7 Released

PS: I've worked very hard on this driver (especially v2 and 4 without hardware) and will try to support more in future. But, I need your support for this and i need it more right now. So if possible please consider a donation to the paypal link below.

Supports OSX versions 10.7 or greater

NOTE: Please don't mirror my files at other places, let the people know about this thread for the latest files and support.

Latest Release: Version v3.7 Released

• Added 5 Fingers touch support for v4 hardware with three gestures
  • Added Asus Keyboard backlight Idle auto off support (need to use my updated AsusNBFnkeys kext)
  • Fixed dragging related issues in v4 hardware
  • Fixed 3f left/right gestures for Spanish/Italian/French keyboards (need to use Keyboard Type ID values)
  • Improvements to every feature
  • Fixed many bugs 
  • Optimized code

Version v3.5

• Added option for customizing Extended functions F13-F24 with custom shortcuts
  • Added option to choose custom shortcuts to gestures actions list
  • Added physical buttons support present in some v4 hardware
  • Fixed some keyboard, touchpad and controller related probe issues
  • Fixed horizontal scrolling bug and added option to disable inertia
  • Fixed slow edge scrolling and inertia effect
  • Removed SlowSynch scroll option and integrated as default to improve scroll
  • Added option for choosing pressure for tap and hold drag
  • Updated EAPD Fix (Read my EAPDFix post for details on update)
  • Added support for Asus Keyboard backlight
  • Added option to make shift + caps shortcut as Fn key
  • Added custom german layout option for keyboard to fix the key mapping
  • Added support for new firmware from v4 and fixed some bugs related to v4
  • Added option to map Delete as command + backspace shortcut for deleting files
  • Fixed many bugs encountered so far
  • Optimized code a lot (means less code doing same work even better)

For the complete change log of all the updates follow this thread:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1966-elan-touchpad-driver-issues/

FEATURES OF v4 HARDWARE: (Supports up to five fingers touch)

• Mouse mode with Simulated Buttons Left, Right and Middle
  • Tapping - Single, Two,Three and Four Fingers
  • Dragging : Tap to release and Finger Lift

⃠Left Button Hold Drag, Double Tap Drag, Tap & Hold Drag and Click Drag

• Corner Tapping
  • Scrolling - Edge scroll and Two Fingers
  • Continuous, Linear, rubber and Inertial scroll effects
  • Finger Press - Two, Three and four Fingers
  • Swiping - Edge, Three and Four Fingers
  • Zoom - Two fingers pinch zoom, OSX Zoom with Keyboard
  • Rotations - Arc and Swipe Rotations Gesture
  • Accidental Input/Palm checking while typing
  • Fn Keys Mode
  • Features Toggle
  • Customization of features

FEATURES OF v2 and v3 HARDWARE: (Supports up to three fingers touch)

• Mouse mode with Buttons Left, Right and Middle
  • Tapping - Single, Two and Three Fingers
  • Dragging - Tap to release and Finger Lift

⃠Left Button Hold Drag, Double Tap Drag and Tap & Hold Drag

• Corner Tapping
  • Scrolling - Edge Scroll and Two Fingers
  • Continuous, Linear, Rubber, Circular and Inertial scroll effects
  • Finger Press - Two and Three Fingers
  • Swiping - Edge and Three Fingers
  • Zoom - Two fingers pinch zoom, OSX Zoom with Keyboard
  • Rotations - Arc, Circular and Swipe Rotations Gesture
  • Accidental Input/Palm checking while typing
  • Fn Keys Mode
  • Features Toggle
  • Customization of features

8524384148_7da070dae6.jpg

FEATURES DETAILS AND USAGE EXPLANATION:

Touchpad features: Touchpad

Keyboard features: Keyboard

HOW TO INSTALL:

• Remove any existing "ApplePS2Controller, VoodooPS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2Keyboard and old Elan Touchpad" kexts if you have already installed from the HDD '/System/Library/Extensions ',  '/Extra/Extensions', and '/System/Extensions/Library/myHack.kext/Contents/Plugins/' (if you used myHack USB installer for OSX).
  • If you use USB installer to boot (used to install OSX), then you have to remove the above kexts from USB  '/Extra/Extensions'.
  • Install the Kexts inside the attached zip file using any kext installing methods. 

​            NOTE: From v3.3, there is only one kext 'ApplePS2ElanTouchpad" as my driver in the attached zip file. 

For Support, PM me.

For pointer movement enhancement, Edit "MousePointerDPI" and "AccelerationPrefVal" value in plist file (or) Use either of the following apps, Smooth Mouse at http://smoothmouse.com (or) Mouse Acceleration at http://triq.net/articles/mouse-acceleration-download

PS: I do the development everyday with some time dedicated to this and many other projects. But, i need your support so i can i can get more time to spend on these projects and improve them.

IF POSSIBLE PLEASE MAKE A DONATION BY CLICKING BELOW PAYPAL DONATE BUTTON 

Paypal:9157339471_69e721d064_o.png 

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

I would like to thank following people for testing the driver and providing feedback:

Leon, Dragon, Ðнтошка, Thomas benhamou,68x, Eli and many others.

CREDITS:

I have to thank the VoodooPS2 team, Apple for their sources, Slice, King, rehabman and many others who contributed to the VoodooPS2 for implementation and Arjan Opmeer for his linux implementation, documentation and Source code.

For the authors of the apps Smooth Mouse and Mouse Acceleration.

Awesome job!!

None of the above versions worked for me...

All of them cause an instant kernel panic on boot

Do you have ELAN touchpad in your notebook? Also did you remove all the kexts i mentioned in the How to install section? Share your KP picture  and ioreg file if you have ELAN so i can help you.

I noticed the were implemented in another kext. Panic solved, but still nothing.

Yes i do have a elan touchpad. The kext is loaded but it is not responding. The beta version did seem to respond to tapping, but no movement of the mouse.

Do you have ELAN touchpad in your notebook? Also did you remove all the kexts i mentioned in the How to install section? Share your KP picture  and ioreg file if you have ELAN so i can help you.

What do you mean bij KP and ioreg?

Hi,

I've got an ASUS UX301LA with Ramalama configuration (big thanks from here), but two finger scrolling is not working... other two finger gestures like pitch zoom seem to work.

Is it needed to change something in the plist to enable it?