ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hello, EMlyDinEsH, your driver is very good, but there are some little, but irritating bugs like moving cursor when double clicking. But elan touchpad looks very similar to native Apple trackpad. Have you tried to implement an interface like AppleUSBTrackpad.kext does, so it can be supported natively by AppleMultitouchDriver.kext and provide all smoothness and multitouch gestures like Apple magic trackpad.

Hello, EMlyDinEsH, your driver is very good, but there are some little, but irritating bugs like moving cursor when double clicking. But elan touchpad looks very similar to native Apple trackpad. Have you tried to implement an interface like AppleUSBTrackpad.kext does, so it can be supported natively by AppleMultitouchDriver.kext and provide all smoothness and multitouch gestures like Apple magic trackpad.

Well, that bug of cursor moving with double clicks is due to the sensitivity levels of the touchpad. It happens only at the regions close to the edges. PM me so i can try to improve this with a debug session if you can help me with beta testing.

And its not possible to interface this with Apple kext, because we don't know nothing about how the that driver works and interprets the data due to closed source. I'll try to look for any possibilities in future but for now i don't see anything as far as i know.

Hi again, just one thing:

Is there any way to remove the vendor keyboard layout and restore the apple keyboard layout OR to modify the keyboard config kext to make brightness functions keys work again? (I have a Lenovo laptop, which is not listed in the allowed vendor values list  :$ )

When I press fn + f1 or f2 (fn functions to level up/down brightness) the screen turns off (I can turn it on again pressing fn+f6)

Brightness function keys don't work pressing fn + f14 and f15, and when I try to modify appleps2keyboard.kext in /contents/plugins nothing seems to change too.

I've read the keyboard config post too many times and I don't know if I'm missing something...

Anyway, apart from that everything works great, congrats for all your work EMlyDinesh.

PD: Touchpad gestures work flawless ;)

Hi again, just one thing:

Is there any way to remove the vendor keyboard layout and restore the apple keyboard layout OR to modify the keyboard config kext to make brightness functions keys work again? (I have a Lenovo laptop, which is not listed in the allowed vendor values list  :$ )

When I press fn + f1 or f2 (fn functions to level up/down brightness) the screen turns off (I can turn it on again pressing fn+f6)

Brightness function keys don't work pressing fn + f14 and f15, and when I try to modify appleps2keyboard.kext in /contents/plugins nothing seems to change too.

I've read the keyboard config post too many times and I don't know if I'm missing something...

Anyway, apart from that everything works great, congrats for all your work EMlyDinesh.

PD: Touchpad gestures work flawless ;)

Is this about your real Fn key (or) my simulated Fn key? Please explain more about your problem.

Hi there,

I installed your driver and i noticed that the trackpad only works on a very small part close to the mouse buttons. 

Can it be that it's "resolution" is wrong? And if so, how can i change this.

I really like the keyboard layout btw! Works great on my laptop. Is there a way to transfer this layout to the voodoo ps2 controllers keyboard? That's what i use now to get the trackpad working.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,Thanks for your hardworking.I used to use the v3.7 version.I think the v3.8 scrolling is great.

But now I find that I can't use "swipe" in the launchpad to just swipe 1 page(but in v3.7 I can however I scroll) .Is there any option to enable it ?

Also,the System Preference of Trackpad isn't always work for the speed of scrolling.It also at the center after reboot - -!~.What's up?

Hi there,

I installed your driver and i noticed that the trackpad only works on a very small part close to the mouse buttons. 

Can it be that it's "resolution" is wrong? And if so, how can i change this.

I really like the keyboard layout btw! Works great on my laptop. Is there a way to transfer this layout to the voodoo ps2 controllers keyboard? That's what i use now to get the trackpad working.

Thanks in advance!

My driver has edge scrolling feature which disables some part of the touchpad on right and bottom edges if you touch only there. Let me see your System log and IOReg file so i take a look.

Btw Do you have ELAN touchpad  or others as you say your trackpad works with VoodooPS2? And my keyboard cannot be transferred to VoodooPS2 because its been tightly integrated with ELAN touchpad for many features.

Hello,Thanks for your hardworking.I used to use the v3.7 version.I think the v3.8 scrolling is great.

But now I find that I can't use "swipe" in the launchpad to just swipe 1 page(but in v3.7 I can however I scroll) .Is there any option to enable it ?

Also,the System Preference of Trackpad isn't always work for the speed of scrolling.It also at the center after reboot - -!~.What's up?

Well, scrolling in v3.8 has been enhanced by many ways to feature smooth so i've created four modes to choose which one feels good for the users. The swipe in launchpad depends on the scroll speed and inertia effect, so try to change the scroll speed or change scroll acceleration modes in plist and see which is best for you by reading features explanation threads. And the scrolling speed in the prefpane is a OSX bug and will reset to to 7 if you have scroll speed greater than 7. For now i don't have ideas to fix because its OSX prefpane not mine so i don't have control over that but i'll look and let you know if i find anything or will be fixed by my prefpane I'm doing soon.