ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hi Guys, and thank you EMlyDinEsH for the great driver!!

1) I have an issue since v.3.8.5. Whenever I hold an item on desktop with a touchpad button and drag it with a second finger over the touchpad, my system freezes and crashes right afterwards.

Is this problem known?

2) Would it be possible to create a Prefpane for Elan Mouse and Keyboard settings that change the plist for the user? Like setting different Actions for FN Buttons (I need brightness von Left and Right Arrows).

Thank you guys a lot,

yushi90

Ok, after havin rebuild caches and booting without them and anything it seems to not cause a kp anymore.
Just one more little fix needed: When i hold the button and then tap a finger on the touchpad, the cursors jumps to one of the screen sides

Hi Guys, and thank you EMlyDinEsH for the great driver!!

1) I have an issue since v.3.8.5. Whenever I hold an item on desktop with a touchpad button and drag it with a second finger over the touchpad, my system freezes and crashes right afterwards.

Is this problem known?

2) Would it be possible to create a Prefpane for Elan Mouse and Keyboard settings that change the plist for the user? Like setting different Actions for FN Buttons (I need brightness von Left and Right Arrows).

Thank you guys a lot,

yushi90

Ok, after havin rebuild caches and booting without them and anything it seems to not cause a kp anymore.

Just one more little fix needed: When i hold the button and then tap a finger on the touchpad, the cursors jumps to one of the screen sides

What is your touchpad hardware version? PM me for kext to debug this.

Hi  EmlyDinEsH

Elan :Unexpected magic knock result 0x00, 0x01, 0x14.

Elan: FirmWare Version 3884993

Elan: Unknown hardware version, aborting...

Its an Asus G51JX-A1

I am sure you need more information than that let me know.  Maybe this is not a supported touchpad?  Keyboard and Asus key brightness both keyboard and LCD work fine.

I was using Rehabman's prior to this.  I just thought about this.  I am now on clover and use clover to patch the DSDT on the fly.  Maybe I need information added to DSDT for the ELan trackpad to work?

Thanks

EDITED

Look at this I am guessing that the RehabMan's package includes your touchpad driver look at this when I load his driver.

ElanTech Touchpad driver v1.8.2 beta by EMlyDinEsHMG © 2012.

So I need an older driver of yours to get this to work?

Hello thanks for all the help. Ive installed the latest driver, it said 3.8.5 final? Anyway was trying to possibly get brightness to be like my real brightness keys f11 and f12. Can I do that with the config script I saw around? Or perhaps get the numlock to stay on when osx begins loading? running 10.9.4 I looked in a plist in the kext under keyboard but just saw the setting for the led on or off. It was set on disable led false already. I appreciate this version anyway besides that, no more unwanted inputs from the hands on trackpad while typing! 

Edit: Ok I found the portion in the plist, thanks again. Was searching for numlock instead of num lock. I was just trying a safe boot and got a crash from appleps2controller. Surprised I'd been loading both for quite some time yet still got pretty good function.

My driver has edge scrolling feature which disables some part of the touchpad on right and bottom edges if you touch only there. Let me see your System log and IOReg file so i take a look.

Btw Do you have ELAN touchpad  or others as you say your trackpad works with VoodooPS2? And my keyboard cannot be transferred to VoodooPS2 because its been tightly integrated with ELAN touchpad for many features.

Hi there, thanks for the reply

Yes i have an Elan smart pad (that's the name in windows). I posted my ioreg and system log files trough these dropbox links.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf78vyhcq5v81ju/IOREG%20TGudde.ioreg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/od79zw4cv1parn9/system.log

hope this helps

Yes, scroll speed more than 6 is not saved by the OSX prefpane which is a bug in that. So, i'm adding a workaround as temporary fix in my next update which lets to choose the boot scroll speed level for 8-10 levels.

Thanks,I try the new v3.8.5 final version.I find that using InertialScrollLevel option I can set level 10 to the trackpad.And also it diplays level 10 in the system preference.Thanks a lot ~.~

Big massive thankyou.  This is excellent and made my hackintosh complete!  Pad features and Keys I previously had problem with and Keypad features all work perfectly thanks to you.

An Elan prefpane would be fantastic too!