ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hi,

I removed all files mentioned in the guide (from /system/Library/Extensions and /Extra/Extension) and install the both files in you your 2.1.3 lion package via "kext Utility", restart computer and now no thing works : no keyboard and no touch-pad at all

I can use only external usb mouse.

Any idea to help me ?

Thanks

Update: I came back on the original kexts and so I can use my touchpad and keyboard.

But, If I remove files (ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext) from /Extra/Extension, and install  ElanTouchpad_2.1.3_Lion files : touchpad and keyboard don't work at all

Hi,

I removed all files mentioned in the guide (from /system/Library/Extensions and /Extra/Extension) and install the both files in you your 2.1.3 lion package via "kext Utility", restart computer and now no thing works : no keyboard and no touch-pad at all

I can use only external usb mouse.

Any idea to help me ?

Thanks

Update: I came back on the original kexts and so I can use my touchpad and keyboard.

But, If I remove files (ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext) from /Extra/Extension, and install  ElanTouchpad_2.1.3_Lion files : touchpad and keyboard don't work at all

Lion files having some issues, so wait I'll check on it and let you know. PM me if you want to test.

Ho!!   you're amazing ...

works for me on acer S3 -951,  whit the  version 2.1 Final i have multigestures, 2,3,4 fingers, only the horizontal scroll don't work and whit the 

version 2.1.3 i fell most natural  the 2 fingers scroll but the others gestures like show notification panel (ML) don't work, i still testing.

Thank's for you hard work i say good bye my ugly flat mouse.

Saludos desde Oaxaca Mexico.!!

**UPDATE - 

I reinstall ML and update to 10.8.2

Reconfigure the touchpad settings 'till works like i want =) ...

Thanks You're the best!

Ho!!   you're amazing ...

works for me on acer S3 -951,  whit the  version 2.1 Final i have multigestures, 2,3,4 fingers, only the horizontal scroll don't work and whit the 

version 2.1.3 i fell most natural  the 2 fingers scroll but the others gestures like show notification panel (ML) don't work, i still testing.

Thank's for you hard work i say good bye my ugly flat mouse.

Saludos desde Oaxaca Mexico.!!

Everything works, plz tell me your issues clearly so I can help you with that. There may be bugs but I haven't seen one yet becoz I have tested this very well by some testers.

First of all I want to say thank you to you because of your great work. But I have some questions.

I found that the physical button (left) is not "sensitive?" unlike in windows.

Sometimes there is no response after pressed the physical left button, I need to press few times to do the clicking.

For example, I want to open a folder, then I move the cursor to the folder and want to double click using the left physical button.

But sometimes it only clicks once or even none.

Another question is that how do I acheive the drag function by double tapping with one finger?

In windows, If I want to move a folder to a different place on the screen, I move the cursor to the folder, then tap 2 times quickly and hold the second tap on the touchpad and move, the folder will be dragged.

First of all I want to say thank you to you because of your great work. But I have some questions.

I found that the physical button (left) is not "sensitive?" unlike in windows.

Sometimes there is no response after pressed the physical left button, I need to press few times to do the clicking.

For example, I want to open a folder, then I move the cursor to the folder and want to double click using the left physical button.

But sometimes it only clicks once or even none.

Another question is that how do I acheive the drag function by double tapping with one finger?

In windows, If I want to move a folder to a different place on the screen, I move the cursor to the folder, then tap 2 times quickly and hold the second tap on the touchpad and move, the folder will be dragged.

For dragging you have to tick the options Clicking and Dragging at Trackpad Settings in System preferences. Please go through my thread for the details and try to adjust the Options at Trackpad settings for best.

For double click also there is a setting at Trackpad settings for the detection so try to change that and see. So, my driver won't work at best without changing the Options at Trackpad settings, for details go through my thread where I've explained it.

Hello~

My laptop has Elan smartpad w/o physical button.

Kext recognizes my touchpad as v4 model.

Mouse buttons (touch buttons) don't work and two fingers scroll doesn't work.

modifying sources to expand touch area (like - area. from 0 to - value), it will work?

Thank you for your great work!

• Like 1

Hello~

My laptop has Elan smartpad w/o physical button.

Kext recognizes my touchpad as v4 model.

Mouse buttons (touch buttons) don't work and two fingers scroll doesn't work.

modifying sources to expand touch area (like - area. from 0 to - value), it will work?

Thank you for your great work!

What is working for you? For two finger scrolling, you have to change the scrolling speed once at Trackpad settings so please read my thread for the features.

For dragging you have to tick the options Clicking and Dragging at Trackpad Settings in System preferences. Please go through my thread for the details and try to adjust the Options at Trackpad settings for best.

For double click also there is a setting at Trackpad settings for the detection so try to change that and see. So, my driver won't work at best without changing the Options at Trackpad settings, for details go through my thread where I've explained it.

Maybe I add some supplementary desciptions on it.

If you press the physical button when your finger is touching the touchpad, then the physcial button will be no response.

I try to change the settings in Trackpad Settings, however, nothing works.

Is that a bug?

Thank you.

Maybe I add some supplementary desciptions on it.

If you press the physical button when your finger is touching the touchpad, then the physcial button will be no response.

I try to change the settings in Trackpad Settings, however, nothing works.

Is that a bug?

Thank you.

What is the version of your touchpad v3 or v4?