ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

@Everyone, New version 4.4.5 is released so please test and share your feedback. I'll update the documentation asp about new changes in other thread by this weekend and also there is new update is already in works. I'll try to answer PM and my threads from now onwards regularly about your issues  and provide beta kexts. Thanks for the support.

Does they keyboard backlight in Lenovo Y50-70 work with this driver?

No, Only Asus notebooks.

my device id Ven_ETD&Dev_0b00 my pc is samsung np300e5c-s0btr I am realy sure your driver is proper one but I have only two issue my f5 button is normally disables my touchpad but in the same time its changing my brightness also my brightess buttons works very well. If there any way to enable num lock in every startup by not touching numlock. I am using 4.4 x32 and x64

There is a plist option in keyboard kext inside my touchpad kext plugins to enable/disable NumLock at boot, so please read my thread that explain all the features then you will understand everything.

Hello there

thank you for the amazing work it works perfectly on my Asus Vivobook

except for the few hiccups now and then

my question is though if i activate mode 1 on keyboard to use brightness and volume controls without context key

how do i assign the context key to do the opposite which is get the F keys for Xcode debugging?

and is there a way to assign the actual fn key on the keyboard?

I have Function keys mode in my Asus Fn keys kext where you can use your Fn keys to work as Functions which is meant for those users who wanted mode 1 so they can access those missing Function keys. I'll try to enable same thing using Context menu key as a new feature so please PM me these details for beta test.

I find the driver works well for me but a friend has a funny way of using it. They want to hold 3 fingers down on the touchpad as using the left button and it brings up the finder search mac. I think its a good feature, but it seems not so good when holding down 3 fingers and left clicking it brings up a couple at a time. Holding down 3 is good without clicking. Is there a link that explains or gives a hint to disabling the features? I read mention of a plist with settings, But have only seen the keyboard one. Using v4.4

just did sudo dmesg |grep -y std and see its synaptic thought was élan but is a z50-70

Ok just answered my own question a bit below. Found the plist but not sure which one to change. I do doubt that you wanted the one gesture I described. Upon further testing, its actually 5 search windows that pop up if one holds the trackpad with 3 fingers and clicks the mouse button.

Try new update 4.4.5 and see if you have those bugs. If it still does them PM me and i'll fix them as i have Z50-70 too. 

Thanks for your sharing!

My device is Acer E1-470G and it's working fine on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 with your driver (ver : 3.8.5/4.2/4.3) ,

but there are still some problems:

1ã€When i wake up computer through the touchpad , the pointer will run everywhere on screen or out of response

that i can't control it anymore unless i reboot the system.

2ã€If i use "Esc" to wake up the screen , sometimes the keyboard is not working.

I am having trouble with getting two finger scrolling to work on my ASUS UX303LB which has a Focaltech trackpad. I was wondering if you could check out why it isn't working. Also I was wondering when you will update the source. I am interested in how this works and maybe I could fix my problem on my own since you seem to be really busy.

Try new update 4.4.5 and see if you have those bugs. If it still does them PM me and i'll fix them as i have Z50-70 too. 

worked good z50-70 but on g500s, (élan i think) I find that likely undesired three finger left click too many search mac windows but at least they are in one tabbed window. If you want any more info let me know.

i tried last update everyting works same as before I noticed my brightness and volume controller become much sensitive I fix my numpad issue with your guide but I cant fix anyway my "f5" button it sould be normally disable my touchpad this function is working but it changes my brightness at the same time ( only when I reenable my touchpad. disable touchpad option is working fine). thanks for everyting

i tried last update everyting works same as before I noticed my brightness and volume controller become much sensitive I fix my numpad issue with your guide but I cant fix anyway my "f5" button it sould be normally disable my touchpad this function is working but it changes my brightness at the same time ( only when I reenable my touchpad. disable touchpad option is working fine). thanks for everyting

What is your system model ? You mean Fn + F5 ? or Fn keys mode 1 F5 ?

worked good z50-70 but on g500s, (élan i think) I find that likely undesired three finger left click too many search mac windows but at least they are in one tabbed window. If you want any more info let me know.

I did not quite understand your 3f left click issue ? Can you explain in detail ?

Can this be added soon? I think it would be an useful addition as many people with laptops other than Asus have keyboard backlights too.

Its not that simple and i dont' know how their backlight works. If they have some controls in DSDT then i can enable support.

I am having trouble with getting two finger scrolling to work on my ASUS UX303LB which has a Focaltech trackpad. I was wondering if you could check out why it isn't working. Also I was wondering when you will update the source. I am interested in how this works and maybe I could fix my problem on my own since you seem to be really busy.

Did you use 4.4.5 ? I have a beta tester for FocalTech and he did not share any issues. If you can explain your issue in detail then i can help you with that. PM me for beta test if you can. 

PS: Sorry still i'm not ready to share my sources yet and I'm still tweaking and working on this actively. But don't worry i'll share as soon as I'm done with things planned and stable enough for all of them.