ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Thanks for your sharing!

My device is Acer E1-470G and it's working fine on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 with your driver (ver : 3.8.5/4.2/4.3) ,

but there are still some problems:

1、When i wake up computer through the touchpad , the pointer will run everywhere on screen or out of response

that i can't control it anymore unless i reboot the system.

2、If i use "Esc" to wake up the screen , sometimes the keyboard is not working.

Why you are not using 4.4.5 ? what is your issue with that ? PM me if its serious issue for beta test with details like your touchpad name and your issue in depth.

Its not that simple and i dont' know how their backlight works. If they have some controls in DSDT then i can enable support.

I think they do. Have a look here:

http://www.tonycrapx86.com/yosemite-laptop-guides/165188-guide-lenovo-y50-y70-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi.html

This guide for Lenovo Y50 mentions DSDT patching or something like that. The driver provided there for Synaptics (VoodooPS2) enables the keyboard backlight support and brightness keys (Fn combinations).

There is a whole lot of users using Lenovo Y50 with Mac due to good performance. I would be really thankful if you looked into this.

Some key combinations seems not to work for me.

I'm using Dell L502x with kext version 4.4.5.

It's impossible to register at the same time Command, Shift and P letter (EVERY other letter is working...) - checked using built-in keyboard view - letter just isn't registered.

Another one: Command, Shift, Space - when Spacebar is pressed, Command key automatically switches to "not pressed" state.

Also it seems to be impossible to disable my touchpad (Synaptics) by any soft way. Switch in Accesibility which should disable it when mouse is plugged does nothing more than disabling pref panel. Option to disable trackpad when "mouse keys" (not sure about english name) is enabled doesn't work too. There is Dell shortcut (Fn+F3 in my case) but it does nothing both in FN mode 2 and 3 (with Dell as vendor).

➜  ~  sudo dmesg | grep -y std      
Password:
STD :: Keyboard enabled.
STD :: Reconnecting the touchpad ........
STD :: Touchpad enabled.

My laptop is Asus N56VB, with Elan v3 (I guess) hardware. Does this driver support elastic band scroll efect? Like in real macs.