ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I just want to say thanks, this works great. The problem is that my touchpad is really awful (in Windows too, it's just made like that) but with Smart Touchpad it's really behaving great. Sometimes there are wrong inputs but other than that I like it very much.

I've been using some modified VoodooPS2 before this, but this actually is better. Now some info.plist modding and I'll be good to go! :)

Also curious, are there any plans for a prefpane?

Some key combinations seems not to work for me.

I'm using Dell L502x with kext version 4.4.5.

It's impossible to register at the same time Command, Shift and P letter (EVERY other letter is working...) - checked using built-in keyboard view - letter just isn't registered.

Another one: Command, Shift, Space - when Spacebar is pressed, Command key automatically switches to "not pressed" state.

Also it seems to be impossible to disable my touchpad (Synaptics) by any soft way. Switch in Accesibility which should disable it when mouse is plugged does nothing more than disabling pref panel. Option to disable trackpad when "mouse keys" (not sure about english name) is enabled doesn't work too. There is Dell shortcut (Fn+F3 in my case) but it does nothing both in FN mode 2 and 3 (with Dell as vendor).

Seems like that command+shit+p has a bug and i'll fix this if you PM me for beta test please. And its not possible to disable the touchpad from accessibly settings or when USB mouse is connected in my driver. You can disable the touch pad using Fn key (Read my Fn keys mode) instead. Also some of the real Fn keys are different from system to system so what exactly you Fn + F3 does ? if you have explain them then i can add the support.

hai, i'm from indonesia..

i tried to install this driver, but i can't increase or decrease brightness using arrow left and right, the problem just in here.

for sound, arrow up and arrow down works perfect,

Fn bottom works perfect..

sorry, my english is bad..

My driver is only for touchpad and controlling brightness Fn keys is not (which may need other kext or some DSDT patches read this:  How to Fix Your ACPI Brightness Keys Using Smart Touchpad Driver ). But you can control brightens using Fn keys of my driver instead.

➜  ~  sudo dmesg | grep -y std      
Password:
STD :: Keyboard enabled.
STD :: Reconnecting the touchpad ........
STD :: Touchpad enabled.

My laptop is Asus N56VB, with Elan v3 (I guess) hardware. Does this driver support elastic band scroll efect? Like in real macs.

What you mean elastic band exactly (i did not own a mac so no idea)? PM me with a video and explanation to so i can help you with that feature.

Seems like that command+shit+p has a bug and i'll fix this if you PM me for beta test please. And its not possible to disable the touchpad from accessibly settings or when USB mouse is connected in my driver. You can disable the touch pad using Fn key (Read my Fn keys mode) instead. Also some of the real Fn keys are different from system to system so what exactly you Fn + F3 does ? if you have explain them then i can add the suport.

Will PM you on Sunday - currently don't have access to my PC.

What do you mean by "what key does"? Key code or something like that? If so, how can I check that?

And anything about command+shift+space?

Hi Im a big fan of the Elan touchpad kext! Was just wondering if there is a way to use the Fn Key on my Asus N56 Keyboard to activate all of the FN Key functions instead of the right context menu? Ive tried doing this in conjunction with the ASUS FN hotkey driver but doesn't work at all when I have the Elan Touchpad kext installed. 

If I use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext :

STD : Could not detect touchpad (or) controller did not respond properly. 

The touchpad works as a simple mouse (no multitouch,gestures,not detected in Pref/Touchpad) but keyboard is not working.

If I use VoodooPS2Controller.kext :

Touchpad works the same but keyboard works.

touchpad.png