ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

This driver is awesome, but I'm confused why I can't just use my computer's Fn key instead of the Context key or the Shift+Caps shortcut.

Is this a setting I'm missing, or is this feature no longer in the code (I remember it used to work before).

Running El Capitan 10.11.1 on an Asus Q550LF (Elan V4). Currently in Fn mode 2.

@Everyone, Sorry for long delay for this release but i've had very busy life and also i wanted to test this version a lot before release. Also beta testers were not available according to my times. Try this new version 4.5 and let me know your feedback. If you have problems then PM me for beta test and I will try to respond to all the users here in the next week for their problems. Thanks for your support.

@Everyone, Sorry for long delay for this release but i've had very busy life and also i wanted to test this version a lot before release. Also beta testers were not available according to my times. Try this new version 4.5 and let me know your feedback. If you have problems then PM me for beta test and I will try to respond to all the users here in the next week for their problems. Thanks for your support.

Hi! Thanks! I been monitoring this for quite awhile, will test as soon as now, be posting back results.

Edit: Installed and working 100% on an ASUS Q500A, pointer seems more fluid now, not buggy, gestures respond quickly, much better than last version overall, thank you!

Hi all! On Synaptics ClickPad v8.1 i have problem - touchpad not working (randomize) after sleep!

In log i see this:

29.11.15 3:34:38,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Keyboard disabled.
29.11.15 3:34:38,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Touchpad disabled.
29.11.15 13:33:25,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Keyboard enabled.
29.11.15 13:33:25,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Reconnecting the touchpad ........
29.11.15 13:33:25,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Mouse reset failed with Response 0x0 0x0, ACK 4.
29.11.15 13:33:25,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Synaptics touchpad found.
29.11.15 13:33:26,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Touchpad enabled.
29.11.15 13:40:16,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Display of Pressure and Width Log Enabled.
29.11.15 13:40:16,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Display of Pressure and Width Log Disabled.
29.11.15 13:40:23,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Display of Pressure and Width Log Enabled.
29.11.15 13:40:23,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Display of Pressure and Width Log Disabled.

thanks its worked on dell inspiron 7520 perfectly but after installing it camera doesn't work anymore ! 

Strange. My driver is for touchpad and it wont affect USB webcam, so it could be something else and check properly again.

in my laptop not work, but thanks!

If your touchpad is ELAN/FocalTech/Synaptics (v7.5+) and installed my kext properly as i've explained then it will work.

This driver is awesome, but I'm confused why I can't just use my computer's Fn key instead of the Context key or the Shift+Caps shortcut.

Is this a setting I'm missing, or is this feature no longer in the code (I remember it used to work before).

Running El Capitan 10.11.1 on an Asus Q550LF (Elan V4). Currently in Fn mode 2.

For your Real Fn key, you have to install my AsusNBFnKeys driver and apply some DSDT patches if needed which i've attached in that thread.

Hi, I have small problem... I'm on El capitan, and everything works perfect, I love my touchpad now! and I love you Bro! 

But I have problem with one thing when I type something on my keyboard, touchpad is not working, and it's okey, but when i click spacebar touchpad is turning on, and sometimes it click something... It's very irritating... If somebody know solution of this problem, please answer  :)

I mean that, I would like that if I click spacebar, touchpad will stay turn off, like while typing on normal keys  :)

Thanx a lot, because this kext is the best thing in my life!   :mrgreen:   :mrgreen:

Btw. I'm on Focaltech touchpad, kext v4.4.5 

Did you enable "Ignore Accidental trackpad input" option in tracked prefpane ? If you enable then it will ignore touchpad while typing and will come back after a timeout which also you can control by editing plist. Read plist options and Accidental input feature to understand so you can config as needed.

Hi

Thanks for the great work with the touchpad driver. 

I have an Asus vivobook Q200 with i3-3217u packed inside with OS X EL Capitan running smooth. I have installed the touchpad driver but I was having a hard time trying to get the four finger swipe desktop switching. I remember it was working in mavericks with an old version of this driver.

please help me in getting the four finger swipe working to switch desktop spaces.

Thanks in advance.

Did you try v4.5 ? Are you using any custom plist edits ? Tell me which version it was working in mavericks ?

EMlyDinEsH,

Your driver is awesome in El Capitan, save for a couple issues:

• The Backlight DSDT patch causes your KEXT (4.4.5 x86_64) to kernel panic the system on boot. (Will get a pic for you soon -- have to get a better camera)
  • I would really love to have the virtual buttons on my ELAN v4 to not contribute to gestures. I keep accidentally triggering the gestures just by having a finger on the "buttons," causing all sorts of unintended/weird effects.

Thanks for everything so far! Your driver is so awesome.

Can you try v4.5 and see ? If its there then PM me for beta test so i can fix it. 

Hi there,

Great little kext. I love all the customisation options. However I cannot get the 3 finger swipe back/forward to work. I've modified the PS2Keyboard kext to ISO mode (I do have an ISO keyboard) and tried several keyboard ID's, however it is a bit unclear to me which value I should be using. When you say 0x30 for example, am I supposed to set the value to "0x30", "30" or "48" (hex to int converted value)? Also, is there a definite way of identifying which layout I need to use instead of trial and error? For example:

defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.HIToolbox.plist

Gives me the keyboard ID recognised by the OS but I doubt it is the one I should be using since it did not work.

Thanks!

Which ISO keyboard you have exactly ?  Tell me your keyboard from this : http://gate2home.comYou need decimal value in plist.

Just installed this on an Acer v5-573g running Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.  Works extremely well, especially after tweaking a few settings.

I have a couple of issues, however, which I'm sure can be fixed by modifying the info.plist files, but I'm not sure what to adjust.  I'm hoping someone who's had these issues can help out.

1.  The major issue I'm having is that because my trackpad is a click-pad, if I rest my finger on the trackpad over the left-click button, and try to move the pointer with my other finger, it triggers some shortcuts (Cmd+L if I move my moving finger towards the stationary one) as far as I can see.  Is there a way for the driver to detect and ignore whether a finger is stationary?  Kind of similar as to how clickpads in both Mac and Windows function.  This can be emulated by using your right hand to move the pointer and the left one to click, but leaving your finger in contact with the touchpad between clicks.

2.  Another minor issue I'm having is that I've disabled continuous scrolling, and enabled 2finger scrolling and inertial scrolling to get it to act as close to natural scrolling as possible.  This has a problem of content sling scrolling to occur if my fingers are stationary after scrolling, and then I lift them, even though I've disabled 2fingslingscrolling.  It gets annoying trying to scroll precisely.

Thanks, and awesome work on the amazing driver.

Edit: another issue - enabling/disabling natural scrolling in trackpad prefpane changes mouse scroll direction as well.

2nd edit: I'm also having issues with the keyboard and trackpad not functioning after sleeping/screen off.

Another issue I've also noticed on using this for a while: if inertial scrolling is occurring and you hold down Cmd/control, it zooms in even though you aren't actively scrolling.  Is this something that can be fixed as well?

3rd edit: 4-finger swipes sometimes get recognized as 3-finger presses, and 3-finger swipes sometimes get recognized as 2-finger presses.

Seems like i need to debug your case. If you have time then PM me for beta test please. Did you try v4.5 ?