ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I have an Asus skylake i7 Laptop & none of the kexts work for me  :-(  I checked through windows & confirmed that I have an ELAN touchpad! I guess the hardware has been updated and maybe your future kexts would work 

i have the same Problem on Asus Skylake notebook i5 6200U

i have try all touchpad drivers from here and non works.

any help would be appreciated.

i can't get the 3 finger backward (left) and forward (right) swipes to work. The left swipe gives a chime sound and the right swipe types a ^. The variables are right configured in the info.plist of the kext. Up and Down swipes are working correctly.

i have the same Problem on Asus Skylake notebook i5 6200U

i have try all touchpad drivers from here and non works.

any help would be appreciated.

This is my device description

HID\ELAN1000&COL01\5&16D04072&0&0000

HID\VEN_ELAN&DEV_1000&Col01

HID\ELAN1000&Col01

HID\*ELAN1000&Col01

HID\VID_04F3&UP:0001_U:0002

HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE

HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0002

HID_DEVICE

This is my device description

HID\ELAN1000&COL01\5&16D04072&0&0000

HID\VEN_ELAN&DEV_1000&Col01

HID\ELAN1000&Col01

HID\*ELAN1000&Col01

HID\VID_04F3&UP:0001_U:0002

HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE

HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0002

HID_DEVICE

Some new laptops are using I2C interface, so if your laptop uses it then my driver wont work. Only PS2 interfaced touchpads will work with my driver and I cant support I2C as i have no hardware to develop and remote debugging is hard considering my timings these days.

If you think its PS2, then PM me your system log and ioreg file with my driver installed and I'll have a look.

I have an Asus skylake i7 Laptop & none of the kexts work for me  :-(  I checked through windows & confirmed that I have an ELAN touchpad! I guess the hardware has been updated and maybe your future kexts would work 

Some new laptops are using I2C interface, so if your laptop uses it then my driver wont work. Only PS2 interfaced touchpads will work with my driver and I cant support I2C as i have no hardware to develop and remote debugging is hard considering my timings these days.

If you think its PS2, then PM me your system log and ioreg file with my driver installed and I'll have a look.

Does anybody know if you can change what the gestures do? Like 3 finger up opens mission control instead of launchpad for example.

Thanks

Read my thread which explains the features where I explained all of them in detail. If you cant understand then PM Me.

I can help by debugging from my side, if you need anything I'm available and you may even email/PM me for the details.

Great stuff. My tiny little Elan touchpad mimics and apple touchpad very well now. Wish I could install this driver on the windows partition. 

@Ddcotrored. You need to right click the kext, show package contents, edit the info.plist 

I'm thinking to port my driver to Windows very soon if everything goes as planned, so if you want to join beta testing and help me then PM me for details. 

The new version, 4.6 does not work on my acer 5750G with elan v.3

up to 4.5 it has always worked.

4.6 nothing works

Can you PM me your system log with my driver installed ? If you can help me with beta test then i can fix it.

Hi, i'm grateful for this kext

It's been great! Is it possible to add swipes like going previous or next webpages on safari or full screen app switching like on a real macbook? 

Thanks!

It might be but i have to take a look and might be possible add an plist option. PM me for beta test.

i can't get the 3 finger backward (left) and forward (right) swipes to work. The left swipe gives a chime sound and the right swipe types a ^. The variables are right configured in the info.plist of the kext. Up and Down swipes are working correctly.

I think you might have ISO keyboard, so read my keyboard features thread and edit plist as needed for setting proper keyboard layout and it will work then.

Thanks for response yes is true my system has I2C interface..

Unfortunately for me there is no solution :(

Hello Sir,

Can I use this kext for my sysnaptics keyboard and touchpad (PS2) ? 

I used VoodooPSX2Controller.kext (newest version 1.8.21 ) but the key board and touchpad usually stop working or become unresponsive or a key may repeat indefinitely