ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

im using clover as bootloader, I install the appleps2ElanTouchpad.kext with kext wizard, install smoothmous and mouse aceleration, but i doesnt work. should i have to use any configuration on my config.plist of my bootloader?

can some one support me please?

Hey all,

I had a couple questions about customizing this driver to my preferences ... 

This driver is working really well for me BTW, so thank you EmilyDinesh!  :D

1. to get fine volume control all I need to do is to press Fn. To get regular volume control I need to press Fn + Command (windows key). I want to switch these around and I haven't found anything in ApplePs2SmartTouchpad.kext's plists to allow me to do that (probably missing something really obvious here again). 
2. Currently I just need to press F11 + F12 for brightness up/down. I want to change this so that I need to press Fn, although I don't know how to as those keys are already defined in the keyboard plist. Also, the 'Display' shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard has mysteriously disappeared... icon_think.gif

If you guys could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

-Duncan

Impressive work. Have been using since v4.0.

I have toggled some configs to work at its best.

But I wonder how I can use three finger press at words to look up(dictionary) as Macbook do.

I'm using a Synaptics precise touchpad. Thank you xxx

I have already finished this by setting the plist in both SmartTouchPad and KeyboardTouchPad.kext, both perform well, see here:

https://github.com/syscl/M3800/tree/M3800/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

and here:

https://github.com/syscl/M3800/commit/35853be8f48c4936260d379c97148c62c6aea83e

Best wishes.

syscl

v 4.6.5
macOS Sierra

Prefpanel white  :(

kernel: (kernel) STD :: ELAN touchpad found, Hardware version 3 (Firmware version 0x550f01)

kernel: (kernel) STD :: ClickPad? No

kernel: (kernel) STD :: Capabilities query result 0x79, 0x18, 0x0b.

kernel: (kernel) STD :: Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 2728 Y_max 1116, CenterX 1364, CenterY 558.

kernel: (kernel) STD :: OS X version 10.12.0

kernel: (kernel) STD :: Touchpad enabled.