ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hi mate! I love your work and I have been using your ApplePS2SmartTouchpad kext on my ASUS X550LD which sports an Elan touchpad quite happily, with ever gesture working, and it works beautiful. My only complaint is that sometimes it simply won't load, and keyboard and touchpad become unusable. A reboot fixes that. This problem that I described only seems to happen with OS X Mavericks, after Yosemite your kext never ever fails. I want to stay in Mavericks for many reasons, and I would love if you could look into that.

The main reason I am posting here is because of another hack of mine:

Lenovo Thinkpad L420 with which I used VoodooPS2 Controller RehabMan fork and many others and they work well, but 4 out of 5 times it simply won't load, and I have to reboot. As you understand this is not really an acceptable situation. So I decided to use your kext, and it works :D

It loads every single time, and it loads 4 out of 5 times after a sleep cycle, which is so much better than Voodoo
Thing is, the touchpad doesn't really function perfect. Every 1 finger, 2 finger and 3 finger gesture works. I assume by the size of the touchpad that is not worth to have 4 finger action. Problem is, sensitivity is low, and the mouse seems to be a bit unprecise and unresponsive. There also seems to be a big deadzone, near the edges of the touchpad. The left and right buttons only respond when you click on the far end with a lot of strength (this didn't happen in Voodoo).
Here goes ioreg with v4.6.5

I wonder if you can do anything about this. Thanks 

Guest cagalindo

Install ApplePS2Smart.... to EFI_Extensions or /S/L/E and restore Trackpad.prefPane from El Capitan to Sierra (/System/Library/PreferencePanes) reboot and it works

could you share the trackpad.prefpane from El Capitan?

I don't have it anymore :(