ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Nice to see a good kext for Elan touchpads.

I have one issue which annoys me though. Whenever I slide a finger off the top of the touchpad, the cursor will reset to the center of the screen. I'm using a V4 touchpad.

Are you going to publish the sources? Your github repo hasn't been updated in some time. I would like to have a look through it (as this is all based on open source code).

Regards

Hi,

and thanks for your great work. :)

on my laptop (packard bell TS44HR 500) some of the fn keys of this laptop works natively with the real (fn) +Fx combination keys.

and i have dedicated sound volume up/down/mute keys wich are natively working too.

but media keys and brightness need to be remapped, as they are not reconized natively by OSX.

i had to remap media play/pause to F7, previous track to F9, next track to F10, and brightness down to F11, up to F12.

with version 2.6 media keys was ok, since 2.7.5, they don't work anymore (i tried many times).

brightness is still ok.

you have an idea on this problem ?

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I installed the Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on my zenbook UX32VD with i5 CPU. 

I copied your two kexts to the Extra folder and removed the old ApplePS2, voodoo kexts, but to no avail.

The keyboard and trackpad just do not work. However I can see a line of Elan's copyright output when I boot with -v option. 

I've tried the v2.6 and v2.7.5 both not working. Now once I roll back the kexts to voodoo, everything is fine.

I still prefer to use your kexts since obviously you provide more functionalities than anyone else does.

Could you please help me to fix it?

Thanks,

Kai

Hi,

and thanks for your great work. :)

on my laptop (packard bell TS44HR 500) some of the fn keys of this laptop works natively with the real (fn) +Fx combination keys.

and i have dedicated sound volume up/down/mute keys wich are natively working too.

but media keys and brightness need to be remapped, as they are not reconized natively by OSX.

i had to remap media play/pause to F7, previous track to F9, next track to F10, and brightness down to F11, up to F12.

with version 2.6 media keys was ok, since 2.7.5, they don't work anymore (i tried many times).

brightness is still ok.

you have an idea on this problem ?

There are two fn keys modes in 2.7.5, so which one you are using? read the keyboard section for details and explain your issue again clearly after trying out

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I installed the Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on my zenbook UX32VD with i5 CPU. 

I copied your two kexts to the Extra folder and removed the old ApplePS2, voodoo kexts, but to no avail.

The keyboard and trackpad just do not work. However I can see a line of Elan's copyright output when I boot with -v option. 

I've tried the v2.6 and v2.7.5 both not working. Now once I roll back the kexts to voodoo, everything is fine.

I still prefer to use your kexts since obviously you provide more functionalities than anyone else does.

Could you please help me to fix it?

Thanks,

Kai

Copy those Elan lines from System log in Utilities app and send me. Are you sure you have Elan touchpad? if your touchpad is working with VooodooPS2xx then I doubt that you have Synaptics touchpad. 

Does anyone know a workaround for the unexpected right-click when i tap with the touchpad on the back button in chrome, finder, safari etc? Also the "after-scoll" when you stop scrolling is kind of annoying. Is there a way to get rid of this? Thank in advance :)

You mean when you do singe tap on back button its doing a right click right? which version you are using? becoz its fixed in 2.7.5

Hi! Thanks a lot for Your great work! Tell me pleаse, - This all kexts PS/2 and Touchpad will work properly on OS X ML 10.8.4 with my Elantech Touchpad (ACPI\ETD0500) on Acer Aspire V3-571G ? I'm still have troubles with correct loading Elan - if Elan working, keyboard - no or both - not working.....

Thank You for Reply!

Did you remove all ApplePS2xxx kexts from S/L/E, E/E and  inside myhack kext plugins folder and installed only my attached kexts? 

Copy those Elan lines from System log in Utilities app and send me. Are you sure you have Elan touchpad? if your touchpad is working with VooodooPS2xx then I doubt that you have Synaptics touchpad. 

now it successfully recognizes my keyboard and mouse when I use the v2.1.3 kexst and it's treating my trackpad as v4.

I guess something you added to the later version of the kexts has some conflicts with my model.

Anyway I will stick with the old version for a while! Great work EMlyDinEsH, hats off to you!

now it successfully recognizes my keyboard and mouse when I use the v2.1.3 kexst and it's treating my trackpad as v4.

I guess something you added to the later version of the kexts has some conflicts with my model.

Anyway I will stick with the old version for a while! Great work EMlyDinEsH, hats off to you!

the new version is so much better than old one which you are using. If you could provide the details i asked then i can solve  this.

PM me the details i asked before and i'll solve your problem with new version.