ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hi Dinesh!!!
I'm having some problems with the last update.
First, when I press the context key on the keyboard, disables my secondary button on my mouse and trackpad.
I can not configure the multimedia keys too. No matter where I assign this function, not work.

Then I have installed your AppleACPIBackLightPanel.kext and AsusNBWMI.kext, but when I configure BackLightPanel in info.plist my up/down brightness keys don't work

Every time I install a new kext, move to the trash the previous kext.

I do not know what may be happening, my keyboard is as if he had gone mad ...

There are two fn keys modes in 2.7.5, so which one you are using? read the keyboard section for details and explain your issue again clearly after trying out

mode 1. but my laptop is a bit special with function keys.

as i said, somes of the fn keys are working natively with the real native combination and have their real functions under osx with no need of special kexts.

the keys who work natively in my case are : fn+F3 (disable wifi) F4 (sleep screen) F5 (screen switch) F6 (trackpad on/off)

the other keys from F7 to F12 wich are

- F7 media play/pause

- F8 media stop, but it's a useless key in my case, as F7 have the similary function.

- F9 previous track

- F10 next track

- F11 brightness down

- F12 brightness up

don't natively work at all and need your kext, and need to be remapped to be as native.

so, i use F7 to F12 with the combination of right contextual key+Fx

and the others with the native fn key+Fx combination.

and since 2.7.5, my media keys don't want to work anymore, i can only getting brightness keys to work.

i hope it's more clear :)

I've remapped my fn keys to the keyboard layout shown below. However many of the mapped functions don't work, like brightness adjustment. I can only adjust volume with the left/right arrow keys. I'm using the 2.7.5 version of the kext, and the ApplePS2Controller included. I'm using Mode 1. Also, my 3 finger swipe mappings in the Touchpad kext also don't work. I have to use 4 fingers... Please help to fix! I have touchpad v3...

Picture below for full keyboard:
post-9819-0-59103200-1371794495_thumb.jpg

the new version is so much better than old one which you are using. If you could provide the details i asked then i can solve  this.

PM me the details i asked before and i'll solve your problem with new version.

Thanks for your concern. I'd be really happy if the new kext could work on my ux32vd.

The output was:

Enhanced Apple PS2 Controller and keyboard v2.6 by EMlyDinEsH(OSLatitude) for Elan Touchpad © 2012-2013

I wish I could post a screenshot here but I couldn't find the button.

• Like 1

Hi Dinesh!!!
I'm having some problems with the last update.
First, when I press the context key on the keyboard, disables my secondary button on my mouse and trackpad.
I can not configure the multimedia keys too. No matter where I assign this function, not work.

Then I have installed your AppleACPIBackLightPanel.kext and AsusNBWMI.kext, but when I configure BackLightPanel in info.plist my up/down brightness keys don't work

Every time I install a new kext, move to the trash the previous kext.

I do not know what may be happening, my keyboard is as if he had gone mad ...

I have updated my Backlight and Fn keys kexts as well so get those updated kexts from my other threads and it will work becoz this version is based on those updated kexts.

Thanks for your concern. I'd be really happy if the new kext could work on my ux32vd.

The output was:

Enhanced Apple PS2 Controller and keyboard v2.6 by EMlyDinEsH(OSLatitude) for Elan Touchpad © 2012-2013

I wish I could post a screenshot here but I couldn't find the button.

Send me your System log file(from Utilities app) and IOregfile using IORegistryexplorer app  after installing the new version kexts so i can help you so why new version is not working for you.

I've remapped my fn keys to the keyboard layout shown below. However many of the mapped functions don't work, like brightness adjustment. I can only adjust volume with the left/right arrow keys. I'm using the 2.7.5 version of the kext, and the ApplePS2Controller included. I'm using Mode 1. Also, my 3 finger swipe mappings in the Touchpad kext also don't work. I have to use 4 fingers... Please help to fix! I have touchpad v3...

Picture below for full keyboard:

attachicon.gifsamsungkeyboard.jpg

send me your configured plist file so i can take a look and test from my end.

mode 1. but my laptop is a bit special with function keys.

as i said, somes of the fn keys are working natively with the real native combination and have their real functions under osx with no need of special kexts.

the keys who work natively in my case are : fn+F3 (disable wifi) F4 (sleep screen) F5 (screen switch) F6 (trackpad on/off)

the other keys from F7 to F12 wich are

- F7 media play/pause

- F8 media stop, but it's a useless key in my case, as F7 have the similary function.

- F9 previous track

- F10 next track

- F11 brightness down

- F12 brightness up

don't natively work at all and need your kext, and need to be remapped to be as native.

so, i use F7 to F12 with the combination of right contextual key+Fx

and the others with the native fn key+Fx combination.

and since 2.7.5, my media keys don't want to work anymore, i can only getting brightness keys to work.

i hope it's more clear :)

You also send me your configured plist file which you are having issues with so i can see the issue my self.