ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Thats strange. mine works fine. apart from disconnecting at random times. i think it's when the red mouse on the keyboard is touched by accident. i don't know if that is the case but thats what I'm thinking. anyway to disable the mouse on keyboard on lenovo?

What you mean disconnecting? Please explain this a bit more like when exactly it happens and behaves. What is your touchpad hardware version?

Can someone please point me to the 3.8 version of this? I've read that it's the one that works best with Yosemite, but it isn't linked on the first page. Thanks! 

EDIT: Also, does anyone else have their trackpad detected in the Preference Panes? Mine says it cannot detect any trackpad. 

Latest version works better, if you have any problems with that please explain and i'll fix it. PM for quick answer as i can't follow thread sometimes.

I am using 4.0.5 version with my dell inspiron n5520, so far it is working fine. The whole system is great. Only issue is BT/WiFi not working so I am using external USB for Wifi.

Any how... I want to customize the swiping of 2 and 3 fingers, and in the documentation it is mentioned that i can change values getting it from 'Supported OSX Gesture Functions list' but where actually is that list. I am trying to find that from 2 days now... Sorry if that was so obvious and I still cant find that.

Its in the this thread : https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5966-details-about-the-elan-touchpad-features/ at the first post. I've provided everything there so just try to read whole thread once please.

Same Problem like Zkryvix described. Instantly no KeyboardBacklight anymore. If I try to edit the Info.plist (4.0.5) the system stops booting. 

Yosemite 10.10.2 and Clover. Thx

What is your system model? Could you PM for beta test with explaining your problem for new version I'm working on.

PM me for beta test of new version I'm working on to fix this.

Thank EmlyDinEsh :)

I have just shutdown my computer by bad way (hold the power button in 6s) and reboot. Suddenly, the ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext is worked. I don't know why. Although, i tried many ways before (installed the kext by KextUtility and rebuilded cache), but it didn't work. I hope you shall fix this bug in the next version of kext :)

Thanks in advance!

@EmlyDinEsh thanks for your kext ! It is the most functionnal thing I ran on my hackintosh.
I'm running Mavericks 10.9.5 on a Lenovo L530 Laptop. My tracking device is shown on windows as a "Thinkpad Ultranav pointing device", manufactured by Elan. I've seen some old "ThinkpadUltraNav" kexts on several forums, but all of them are for previous versions of OSX and don't work for me ! (no mouse at all, sometimes no boot at all !)

I'm using v4.0.5, it is working fine, some minors bug and it stops to work sometimes, for instance after sleep.

The only thing bothering me a bit is that if I touch the trackpoint device (You know, that red think that exists since the first IBM laptops), the trackpad stops functionning. Is there a way at least to disable the trackpoint or to make it work ?

Thanks for the new release!

Is there anyway you can switch HW versions?  Your kext automatically selects HWV2 but my elan touchpad is capable of up to 5 finger touches(HW V4).  I'd like to be able to use 3 finger+ gestures.  Right now all i can do do is a three finger swipe up to the application launchpad

Also, the scrollspeed value in the osx preference pane does not get saved after reboot.  How do you fix it?

Solved.

Tks for your good work, now everything is perfect with Yosemite 10.10.2 and driver 4.2

IMHO this driver is better than the windows one.

Gianluca

Tks For your work,

I am not able tu use f3 and f4 as kbbacklightdown and kbbackligthup with an asus n56vv but only as launchpad and mission control

Am i missing something?

regards

Gianluca