Boot fails after migration

kmand

I have a D620 running Snow Leopard. via EDP. I also have a Macbook Pro running ML. I used migration assistant to copy some apps from the hackintosh to the Macbook. It seemed to work and the Macbook is fine but now the D620 dies with

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: done

on boot. I've seen this reported elsewhere and tried several of the suggestions, but none has worked. In particular I have taken the D620 drive out and attached via USB to the Macbook and tried:

reinstalling chameleon on the SL slice with the chameleon installer.

using dd to copy boot1 onto the SL slice

removing all the .SM.gul* files on the SL slice.

None of this made a bit of difference. Any other suggestions?

Do you have multiple partitions on that HDD? Which type of partitioning does it have, MBR or GUID?

Did you try and boot off a USB pen (like an installation key), then select your HDD Mac OS partition?

Yes, I have multiple partitions. Its GUID

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *160.0 GB disk1

1: EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1

2: Apple_HFS First 90.0 GB disk1s2

3: Apple_HFS Lion 16.2 GB disk1s3

4: Apple_HFS Lion 2 53.3 GB disk1s4

s2 is the SL partition. s4 is Lion. I don't use the LION much since it tends to crash a fair amount. s3 is a small partition I used in constructing s4.

Haven't tried a usb boot, don't have an appropriate one at the moment. When I reinstalled chameleon I specified the s2 partition.

the first partition that you installed chameleon on would be the one to reinstall it on. it wont work from other partitions.

Well there is only one other partition the s4 Lion partition. I tried installing chameleon their, and still the same result

boot0: GPT

boot0: done

then nothing. I did find an old usb pen drive with a bootable OSX on it. If I boot off of it, I gets the same 4 boot0 messages and then the pen drive takes over. From their I can select the SL s2 partition and it does boot up very slowly but fine once it up, and I can then eject the pen drive.

I just don't get why I can't boot directly off the hard drive.

probably a 4k sector drive. use the myhack chameleon installer. it usually fixes 4k sector drive issues

Doesn't seem likely. Remember this was working fine on SL and only broke when I used migration assistant to copy files to a real macbook,

• Administrators

ahh migration assistent... ok yup i have had the same issue. it killed my hack booting also. i dont recall exactly but i thnik it has to do with re "blessing" the partition do a man bless in terminal for more info on the command.