ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi everyone,

I've started this thread in order to know the bugs in my driver, so please post your issues here and I'll try to fix them asp. You may sometimes not receive answer from here, so try to PM me if you want support. Please donate if you can which will help me to get more time on these projects. Thanks

STEPS TO SUBMIT BUG:

1) Explain your problem clearly like how to reproduce it again.

2) Mention your OSX, boot loader and my driver version used to test.

3) Send me your system log file from /var/log after boot and ioreg file saved using IORegistryExplorer v2.1 or lower.

4) Also provide info about any custom plist edits if you did.

CHANGE LOG:

Version v4.2 :

• Integrated Focaltech touchpad driver and renamed kext to SmartTouchpad  (Remove old kext manually before install)
  • Improved support for some new ELAN touchpads found in new notebooks
  • Improvements for all the features which is stable and works better
  • Updated few plist options to manage better 
  • Fixed many problems related to touchpad not working sometimes for some systems 
  • Fixed many bugs and optimized code to work faster

Version v4.0.5 

• Fixed scrolling issues related to continuous
  • Fixed Edge swipe issues which was not working properly
  • Added plist options to control scroll speed levels more precisely
  • Removed EAPD fix which i think is not useful anymore in this as got issues in sync, so use EAPDFix kext.
  • Fixed many minor bugs
  • Optimized code

Version v4 

• Updated code for all the features from the scratch
  • Updated buttons from soft control to real buttons, so buttons will work just fine everywhere
  • Updated plist for preferences with many new options to control the features 
  • Updated code for EAPD fix based on my EAPDFix 2.0
  • Added Palm detection
  • Added some new additions to some features (For details check the features explanation thread)
  • Improved multi finger gestures
  • Added compatibility for Yosemite
  • Fixed many major and minor bugs
  • Optimized code

Version v3.8.5

• Fixed an issue which made still touchpad not working/acting weird on some boots/after sleep for some users
  • Fixed two finger pointer move with thumb on virtual button area and index moving pointer in v4 hardware (can be enabled/disabled in plist)
  • Fixed and updated keyboard layouts which solves problems faced by some users
  • Reworked multi touch data processing which improves overall performance/accuracy of multi touch
  • Added support for finer brightness and volume levels to feature smaller increments in Fn keys mode (can be enabled/disabled in plist)
  • Added support for brightness and volume keys to work on key hold to increase/decrease
  • Added option to choose the edge scroll working area in plist
  • Added option to choose the virtual buttons working area for v4 hardware in plist
  • Added option to choose the edge swipe length from edge/middle of the pad in plist
  • Added option to choose scroll level at boot for those users who need scroll speed above 6(as a temp fix) because OSX prefpane not saving the values above 6 which is a bug
  • Turned off NumLock at boot by default as its causing some problems for some users (Enable this from keyboard plist if you want)
  • Organized the touchpad plist preferences to manage the features properly and easily
  • Updated EAPDFix
  • Fixed many bugs
  • Optimized code

Version v3.8

• Fixed some issues which made touchpad not working/acting weird on some boots/after sleep
  • Fixed an issue with physical buttons found in v4 hardware
  • Reworked scrolling feature from the scratch which is now so much better and smooth and can be customized using scroll acceleration modes by editing plist.
  • Added support for the active multiplexing controllers used by the new touchapds for sharing the PS2 protocol.
  • Added pointer acceleration mode to improve the acceleration.
  • Regular function keys can be accessed in Fn keys mode 1 using the "Shift + Caps + Fx"
  • ​Added new scroll type "Auto scroll"
  • Moved keyboard NumLock toggle from touchpad plist to keyboard plist
  • Modified some plist entries and merged
  • Optimized some features
  • Updated EAPDFix code, which now can enable the EAPD on demand along with after sleep mute/unmute fix using keyboard shortcut Shift + Caps + Enter needed for the new AppleHDA v2.6 or later.
  • Fixed many bugs 
  • Optimized code

Version v3.7

• Added 5 Fingers touch support for v4 hardware with three gestures
  • Added Asus Keyboard backlight Idle auto off support (need to use my updated AsusNBFnkeys kext)
  • Fixed dragging related issues in v4 hardware
  • Fixed 3f left/right gestures for Spanish/Italian/French keyboards (need to use Keyboard Type ID values)
  • Improvements to every feature
  • Fixed many bugs 
  • Optimized code

Version v3.5

• Added option for customizing Extended functions F13-F24 with custom shortcuts
  • Added option to choose custom shortcuts to gestures actions list
  • Added physical buttons support present in some v4 hardware
  • Fixed some keyboard, touchpad and controller related probe issues
  • Fixed horizontal scrolling bug and added option to disable inertia
  • Fixed slow edge scrolling and inertia effect
  • Removed SlowSynch scroll option and integrated as default to improve scroll
  • Added option for choosing pressure for tap and hold drag
  • Updated EAPD Fix (Read my EAPDFix post for details on update)
  • Added support for Asus Keyboard backlight
  • Added option to make shift + caps shortcut as Fn key
  • Added custom german layout option for keyboard to fix the key mapping
  • Added support for new firmware from v4 and fixed some bugs related to v4
  • Added option to map Delete as command + backspace shortcut for deleting files
  • Fixed many bugs encountered so far
  • Optimized code a lot (means less code doing same work even better)

Version v3.3

• Added v2 hardware support
  • Added support for some of the old v3 hardware (found in Gigabyte notebooks, need to enable v3HWLegacyMode in plist)
  • Added support for the most of the Fn key scan codes in notebooks from Acer, MSI, Dell, Samsung and few others
  • Reworked on keyboard keys dispatch to improve (check keyboard thread for details)
  • Added Fast and Rewind support for Media keys Next and Previous if you hold it
  • Moved ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2Keboard kexts to plugins folder of ApplePS2ElanTouchpad
  • Merged AppleACPIPS2Nub to ApplePS2Controller
  • Improved scrolling and added new feature SlowSynch scroll
  • Fixed button dragging issue and added new option for choosing single button/emulated three buttons in v4 from plist
  • Improved staiblity for all the features
  • Many bugs fixed
  • Optimized code

Version v3.0.2

• Fixed a bug in right click button in v4 hardware
  • Fixed a bug in App switch swipe gesture which was making right click not working
  • Changed Fn key mode to 1 and disabled experimental elastic effect

Version v3.0

• Reworked on almost every feature from the scratch to make it better
  • Added support for new firmwares from v4 hardware 
  • Added EAPD fix support for realtek codecs
  • Added more functions for gestures option list
  • Added new effects to scroll
  • Improvements to everything
  • Fixed so many bugs

Version 2.8.3 

• Disabled some of the features which are not used to for the most, so if you want enable them from plist after reading details about that feature
  • Changed Notification centre function from Soft mode to Keyboard shortcut of Apple in Keyboard Preferences
  • Improved Swiping and dragging
  • Changed Plist options for enabling/disabling swipes from 4 options to 2(3FingersSwipes and 4FingerSwipes)
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Changed FingerLift dragging timeout from 0.5s to 0.1s

Version 2.8

• Fixed issues related to Keyboard and touchpad Kexts, which are not loading properly due to kernel cache issues
  • Added new Feature "Taps Feature Toggle" for enabling/disabling some features using Double/Triple Taps (Read Taps Feature toggle section for more details)
  • Changed 'Three Finger Press gesture' for v3 hardware to Show Desktop
  • Improved Three and Four Fingers Swipe gestures detection
  • Fixed Fn keys mode key mapping issues in Keyboard kext
  • Added option(need to set the value to "disable" for Fn key) to disable Fn key Mapping in Fn keys mode
  • some bug fixes

Version 2.7.5

• Removed CommandKeyPos plist entry, now the driver detects it automatically
  • Added new Fnkeys mode  without using fn key and mapped keys to Apple Fn keys layout
  • Reworked Keyboard from the scratch for Normal and Extended Key Sequences, check the keyboard section for updated details
  • Fixed NumLock key for enabling/disabling num keys properly
  • Fixed ISO layout issues in the previous version
  • Fixed double tap to drag for v4 and some dragging issues
  • Added timeout for finger lift drag release and the timeout can be edited in plist entry "FingLiftDragTimeOut", default value is 1/2 second (500ms)
  • Added acceleration preference option in plist, for details read Pointer Acceleration tables section
  • Added support for Asus Fn key driver to enable/disable touchpad with the fn key Fn+F9
  • Improved Corner tapping detection
  • Fixed Single tap issue which was not releasing in safari and finder back buttons
  • Added Control + Pause/Break key to eject Optical drive
  • Assigned Scroll Lock key for enabling/disabling Inertial scroll
  • Optimized some features
  • Fixed many bugs

Version 2.6

• Added new feature Fnkeys mode to access standard fn functions using right Context key as fn key
  • Added few more functions to swipe gesture
  • Added few enhancements to keyboard (check those in keyboard section)
  • Added new features Continuous and Inertial Scrolling effects
  • Reworked Edge swipe and Corner tapping features to better
  • Reworked Scrolling for both two finger and edge which is very smooth now
  • Fixed Double tap to drag on Windows
  • Fixed an issue for driver to work in Lion
  • Improved code for all the features with optimizations
  • Smoothed Mouse pointer with some acceleration tables and curves from Mac touchpads( so accelerations apps I said are not needed mostly)
  • Added a workaround for ALC269 jack sense after sleep(only for those users who have this issue)
  • Many Bug fixes

Version 2.1.3

• Fixed a bug with Right Click
  • Improved code for Three/Four Finger Swipe to v4 hardware
  • Improved with Touchpad detection after sleep

Version 2.1 Final
This update brings every feature of the touchpad for v3 and v4 with improvements to the already released features.

• Added the features Swipe, Zoom, Rotation, Tapping and many other, so check my details above
  • Improved all the features of v4 hardware
  • Integrated the code of v3 with v4 in a single Kext
  • Added the feature Edge Swipe to v3 hardware
  • Improved the code of v3 hardware across all the features
  • Like 10

Hi EMlyDinEsH, I´m "Eli" in skype.

I have tested your 1.8 beta for V4 hardware and it doesn´t work correctly. Sometimes the pointer doesn´t move, and other times yes. Tap doens´t work. In previuos beta that we tested this work perfectly.

Can someone test and post here if it works???

Thanks!!!

i'm sorry but v4 drivers are not working for me on my Acer S3 i5.

after installation (extra/extensions) my trackpad is totally unresponsive...

it's me doing something wrong?

Ive deleted from extra/extensions applePS2controller and appleACPIPS2nub.  I have not other kext (ps2 keyboard)...

any help will be appreciated...

thx for your work! 

• Like 1

Ok, I'll look into this and upload a new one as soon as possible. May be some two finger features I was working could have ended up on this release to make this unstable. Sorry, for uploading an unstable one. I'll upload a good one soon perhaps with some two finger stuff.

• Like 2

Hi EMlyDinEsH, I´m "Eli" in skype.

I have tested your 1.8 beta for V4 hardware and it doesn´t work correctly. Sometimes the pointer doesn´t move, and other times yes. Tap doens´t work. In previous beta that we tested this work perfectly.

Can someone test and post here if it works???

Thanks!!!

I can confirm the same behavior in beta 1.8 on V4. It works for 20 seconds or so, then stops working for several seconds. Then this pattern repeats. Is there an earlier v4 beta posted somewhere that worked more or less correctly? Thanks to Dinesh!

I can confirm the same behavior in beta 1.8 on V4. It works for 20 seconds or so, then stops working for several seconds. Then this pattern repeats. Is there an earlier v4 beta posted somewhere that worked more or less correctly? Thanks to Dinesh!

Fixed and uploaded again, so check it.

maybe it's me...but also with the new kext my touchpad isnt working at all...i can use external mouse but not the touchpad. also...after sleeping my keyboard no more working.

if its me, can someone tell the exact procedure to install? i deleted the kext mentioned on driver thread and installed the new one with kext wizard in extra and repaired permissions...

thx!

maybe it's me...but also with the new kext my touchpad isnt working at all...i can use external mouse but not the touchpad. also...after sleeping my keyboard no more working.

if its me, can someone tell the exact procedure to install? i deleted the kext mentioned on driver thread and installed the new one with kext wizard in extra and repaired permissions...

thx!

I have the same problem on my ASUS UX32VD