ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Two finger scrolling and other features also working but got bugs and I need to fix them. However, due to my personal problems I'm unable to spend more time on it and even I don't have hardware with me to test. So, I'm testing this with some beta testers I got but they can't be online when I'm free so its getting delayed with my personal problems  and this.

I can help with beta test. If you do not mind.

I have the UX31A and I removed Voodoo and reloaded the driver. I get the above messages in the system.log (firmware version 0x361f02) and voodoo does not load. However the cursor occasionally responds to input on the trackpad. Much of the time the cursor does not move even when finger is dragged. It will only come back after deep pressure on the trackpad. Furthermore clicking (tap or the physical click) does not work. I think you're close though!

I have the UX31A and I removed Voodoo and reloaded the driver. I get the above messages in the system.log (firmware version 0x361f02) and voodoo does not load. However the cursor occasionally responds to input on the trackpad. Much of the time the cursor does not move even when finger is dragged. It will only come back after deep pressure on the trackpad. Furthermore clicking (tap or the physical click) does not work. I think you're close though!

It has some bugs in release version but working fine in debug version. I'm trying to fix but couldn't get time for this. I will upload a new one soon which will also include two fingers touch like tapping and scrolling which is working now.

Fixed and uploaded new kext today.

Hallo Elmydinesh, thank you very much for your work, amazing job.

it was time I expected a dirver fo Elan touchpad, I almost lost hope.

I includeded you in my guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/273125-guida-samsung-rf511-s02-sandybridge-with-lion-updated/  

Anyway, installed 1.5.3, and works fine .

Tryed with 1.7 but nothing happened!?

Major point is I have to start always with -v flag, otherwise trackpad doesn't work, pointer not moving at all.

Beside that everything works, of course it needs adjustments but it's great to have scrolling!!

How can I give some inertia to the scrolling?

Thank you,  

SYSTEM SPECS:

SAMSUNG RF511 S02 

Intel core i7 2630qm sandybridge
ram 4gb ddr3 1333mhz
HD 500Gb WDC sata
video intel HD3000/Nvidia GeForce GT540M optimus
audio Realtek ALC 269
lan Realtek GBE RTL 8111
wifi  BCM 94321mc/AR5BXB72
Elan PS2 Smartpad
webcam SCB-1100N
usb 3.0 Nec

Hallo Elmydinesh, thank you very much for your work, amazing job.

it was time I expected a dirver fo Elan touchpad, I almost lost hope.

I includeded you in my guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/273125-guida-samsung-rf511-s02-sandybridge-with-lion-updated/  

Anyway, installed 1.5.3, and works fine .

Tryed with 1.7 but nothing happened!?

Major point is I have to start always with -v flag, otherwise trackpad doesn't work, pointer not moving at all.

Beside that everything works, of course it needs adjustments but it's great to have scrolling!!

How can I give some inertia to the scrolling?

Thank you,  

SYSTEM SPECS:

SAMSUNG RF511 S02 

Intel core i7 2630qm sandybridge

ram 4gb ddr3 1333mhz

HD 500Gb WDC sata

video intel HD3000/Nvidia GeForce GT540M optimus

audio Realtek ALC 269

lan Realtek GBE RTL 8111

wifi  BCM 94321mc/AR5BXB72

Elan PS2 Smartpad

webcam SCB-1100N

usb 3.0 Nec

Currently I'm developing it for v4, so I'll fix the issues with v3 later as I have very little time to do everything.

Did you change the speed of the scrolling at Trackpad settings once?

Hi,i'm very gratefully for your work,i have a k53sc like you and i follow your project by the beginning.

I have a problem with this kext,the trackpad work good but the scroll don't work.

This is my console.

senzatitolox.png

Have strange issue with v 1.8Beta on Samsung NP350-U2B

TP works only on Beta 1.8 Kext, Click, DBClick, 2FScroll, 3FGestures.. but after sleep TP stop works totally. 

I will fix this issue in next version and gonna see updates on my touchpad very often from now.

it doesnt work for my asus a43sv vx270d

already deleted all Apple PS2 Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2 Keyboard, old ElanTouchpad Kexts

i dont use vodoo kext..

after install your kext and reboot, then my trackpad isnt responding at all..

heres my log

1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad loaded
1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: ElanTech Touchpad driver v1.8.2 beta by EMlyDinEsHMG © 2012
1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad
1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: Elan: FirmWare Version 4525825
1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 3 (with firmware version 0x450f01)
1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000
1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: ApplePS2Trackpad: ALPS GlidePoint v4.16

please help me..

EDIT..

after i delete ApplePS2Trackpad kext, my trackpad are work..

thanks..will review again if there are any issues..