ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi Emlydinesh, I'm featuring 2.1.3 v3 kexts, and I've an annoying feature:

When I scroll two fingers usually up, but also down sometimes, it triggers some actions:

In web browsers it reload the page mostly, or sometimes it clicks some links (an email contact link)

it's really annoying because it can reload the page almost every time you scroll.

Maibe it's triggered by touching the edge of the touchpad.. I'm not sure

Any hint?

thank you

Hi Emlydinesh, I'm featuring 2.1.3 v3 kexts, and I've an annoying feature:

When I scroll two fingers usually up, but also down sometimes, it triggers some actions:

In web browsers it reload the page mostly, or sometimes it clicks some links (an email contact link)

it's really annoying because it can reload the page almost every time you scroll.

Maibe it's triggered by touching the edge of the touchpad.. I'm not sure

Any hint?

thank you

Its fixed in my coming update so let me know after trying the next update.

Hi,

thanks for your efforts!

I tried every release so far and also version 2.1.3 disables my touchpad after sleep.

I am using a ACER Travelmate 7750 with 10.8.3. Keyboard keeps on working after wake.

It is detected as: "Touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 3 (with firmware version 0x450f03)"

Looking forward to your future releases :)

Fabian

Hello!

I'm running version 2.1.3 of your driver on ML 10.8.2 and all of the gestures work except for two-finger scrolling, which confuses me a lot. Any idea why this might be happening?

EDIT: Nevermind, read through your thread and figured it out. Just had to change the scrolling speed once. Thanks for the great drivers! Looking forward to inertial scrolling and more!

Aloha,

Trying all versions on an Acer 5755 and get pretty much the same behavior with each.

Basic pointing is fine and 2 finger scrolling works after toucing the Prefs->Scrolling Spped once.

However, I am unable to grab and drag anything !  Not scrollbars, not menu bars, not desktop icons, nothing.

Yes, I have the Prefs set for Clicking and Dragging but still cannot grab and drag anything most of the time.

I can only advance scrollbars by clicking to a different point on the scrollwell.

Every once in a great while, a drag lock will happen on a drag attempt and I never have the drag-lock option set !

Anybody else seeing this ?

bisk

Last version needed that you have to hold a sec/two before you start dragging and its been fixed and improved in the new version which will be released soon. And also read my first post completely to better understand how every features works since my driver is not going to be exactly like windows/mac do but i'm trying my best. Also remember that we don't have any  source/api available for multitouch in Mac so i'm doing all these based on soft control with my own logic. Everything has been improved in the new version and i'll keep on improving as much possible in future.

I request everyone to read my first post very well to understand how to use them and get best out of my driver.

OK, I'm trying v2.6 now and, at first, I thought it was the same.  However, I am seeing that grab and drag does usually work with a slight delay.  Many times, it actually creates a drag lock even though I do not have this option selected on the Prefs Panel.  Also, this is the first version that continues to work for me after wake from sleep.

It's really coming along.  Nice work !

I am running 10.8.3 on an Acer Aspire 5755-9401.

bisk

GREAT job. Version 2.6 has been a great improvement over v2.1.3, and I love the inertial scrolling. However, I only have one problem, in that tapping to click takes a while to register, and there's a slight delay between the tapping and the animations on the screen. Also, sometimes a single finger tap is registered as a double finger tap, which randomly brings up the context menu. And also, double finger tapping is registered as a double finger scroll action. Help with this if possible, thanks a lot.