ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hello Dinesh

The driver does not seem to work in Mavericks. 

It was working perfectly in 10.8.4 for an Aspire S3-951. 

The log says that the ApplePS2Controller.kext is not there, but it is not true. I'm using the kexts of the last 2.8.3 version

system.log:Oct 27 21:31:00 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad - library kext com.apple.ApplePS2Controller not found.
system.log:Oct 27 21:31:00 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad - failed to resolve library dependencies.
system.log:Oct 27 21:31:00 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad failed to load (0xdc00800e).
system.log:Oct 27 21:31:00 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad (error 0xdc00800e).
system.log:Oct 27 21:31:00 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "ApplePS2ElanTouchPad"
/System/Library/Extensions kexts:

Extensions root# ls -ld *PS2*
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 Sep 12 17:20 ApplePS2Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 Sep 12 17:20 ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext
Thanks

No, its working fine in Mavericks as well to me. Perhaps you have Kernel cache issues/kext conflicts which is why you get dependency failed message with ApplePS2xxx kext. May I know how did you install Mac OSX and kexts in few steps? because lots of people are running into this issue so would like to find the cause for a solution to everyone. PM me your steps so we can discuss and find a solution to this.

I have an issue, i don't know if it is a bug or not.

When i click in a mouse the center button it show mission control , and click left and it exit from mission.

With elantech-v3 i click two buttons from trackpad (center button) and it show mission control , and click left  or right and it make a loop (like if i am pressing the two buttons to  show mission control), for left button central loop i need to tap (like click left in the touchpad) to exit the mission control.

I am not talking about a video, the pointer stops for a half second o second, and then is working again. And rebooting resolve until the pointer make the same issue. Stoping randomly.

I don't understand your problem, would you mind explaining it again with a scenraio plz?

You have Synaptics touchpad "SYNxxx", so try VoodooPS2Controller which has the support for your touchpad.

Perhaps you have conflicts with other kexts/kernel cache issues. Could you send me your system dump from windows/linux based on my dsdt/ssdt patching thread please? So i can give you recommended steps and kexts for your notebook and can add your model to our DB for future support. Also send me your System log from Console app with my kext installed so I can look for the cause of your problem.

Hi, here you are DSL archive and report from Everest of my Asus N71JQ.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Do you need anything?

Asus N71JQ.zip

What about my problem ? :/ just I want to know if I have a v5 Elan or if a have to do something, thank u

Hi EMlyDinEsH i installed the Elan 2.8.3 on my Samsung NP900X3E ( a update (BT,Screen,touchpad,Processor ), version of X3C same ivy bridge platform ) i installed with no problem 10.9 using EDP and bootpack for X3C but no touchpad enable ( keyboard and just sound Fn keys works )

First i unistalled the kext from EDP installation

and installed yours 2.8.3 driver, the result is this:

ElanTech Touchpad driver v2.8.3 by EMlyDinEsH(OSXLatitude) © 2012-2013

Elan: Detecting the touchpad

Elan: FirmWare Version 5725955

Elan: Unknown hardware version, aborting...

Any suggestion ? i have a V5 version ? thank you for this awesome driver in advance

No, its working fine in Mavericks as well to me. Perhaps you have Kernel cache issues/kext conflicts which is why you get dependency failed message with ApplePS2xxx kext. May I know how did you install Mac OSX and kexts in few steps? because lots of people are running into this issue so would like to find the cause for a solution to everyone. PM me your steps so we can discuss and find a solution to this.

Hi Dinesh.

It's strange because the install method is the same I have been using always, and I've tried several times. Just downloaded the kexts, remove the conflicting kexts you speak about, and from the terminal copy the new ones to /System/Library/Extensions. Then, I run Kext Utility. I presume that everything should be fine. Just like installing any other kexts. 

The kexts were working fine, since 10.8.4. I have also read that the problems start really in 10.8.5, but I skipped this version due to the new Mavericks.

I have an Elan v3 touchpad.

Thanks a lot.

I don't understand your problem, would you mind explaining it again with a scenraio plz?

1) Go to system preferences / Mission control

2) Enable mission control with mouse center button and close system preferences

3) Press in touchpad left click and right at the same time, and it shows Mission control but if you click again left button or right button it make a loop showing mission control, and the only possible to exit this is loop is tapping in the tochpad.

I get kernel panic on ApplePS2xxx.kext..

I used v4 driver. My device is Lenovo Y510p.

I've installed my hackintosh with myhack, so I've removed the kext inside myhack.kext, as they are missing from /S/L/E/

Then I've installed the 2 kext from the other thread using kext utility...

Now I can't boot...

EDIT:

how could I know what is the version of my hardware specifically?

I managed to install and its working really nice!

The only issue im having is that back/fwd swipe wont work , or im not swiping correctly? 

How do i edit the plist file inside kext? do i need a special software or its possible just modifying with text editor? can i edit the kext directly from /S/L/E or need to reinstall  edited kext?