ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi, I have an Acer V5-171 with an Elantech touchpad, not sure which version.

Up to now I have been running ML 10.8.4 with the ML kexts and my trackpad has been working fine.

I recently updated to Mavericks and the trackpad still worked fine, however other things didn't and I ended up doing a fresh install.

Now the trackpad won't two finger scroll or allow dragging :(

The old ML kexts won't work at all (No mouse) and newer versions work as mouse and the pref pane shows all the options but is missing scrolling and dragging.

I installed by removing ACIPS2Nub and installing the two kexts to /System/Library/Extensions and then repairing permissions and re-booting.

Am I missing something?

Mike 

Hi,

I've migrated to Maverick and all work like a charm.

what I have:

- Asus S550CM

- Elan v2.8.3

- ALC270

However, even though I have in info.plist the flag "ALC269JackSense" set to YES, now after sleep the speakers don't work (it works at the beginning at start up).

The issue is with teh EAPD since after sleep all in/outs work but the speakers which is an EAPD out.

Was this feature removed from the last Elan version?

Thanks,

Was this feature removed from the last Elan version?

I answer myself...

I didn't realize that I have one kext in CLOVER directory and another one in S/L/E and I was modifying the one in S/L/E.

Once I have only one in CLOVER with the flag set, it works perfectly.

I'm using Asus A45VM, and I met some problems.

Firstly, I installed the v2.8.3 kexts, everything worked well with my Elan touchpad.But there was some problems about my keyboard.Before using your kexts, I could adjust brightness with pause\break and delete keys.But with your kexts, these features were gone.  PS: My Asus A45VM is 14 inch, without number keyboard.

Then, I tried the V4 kexts.The problem about the keyboard was gone, but the Elan touchpad had a limited function. I could just use one finger to click, two fingers to scroll. Even I could not use two fingers to zoom, let alone three or four fingers.

I hope I can help you improve your work. And I do hope you could help me.

THX.

:mrgreen: Hi, I have acer v3-571g laptop with elan touchpad v3.

(1)When I use v2.1.3 drivers on my laptop ,I can use fn+f12 and fn+Ins to change brightness. But after that version it does not work.Can you tell me how to make it works again when I use the 3.0.2 drivers?

(2)In my keyboard ,fn+arrowup and fn+arrowdown is used to change brightness . I changed fnkeys mode to 1  and changed arrowdown to brightnessdown ,so I can use fn+arrowdown to keep brightness down.But there is not an arrowup to use in info.plist of keyboard controller. Can you add arrowup to the info.plist ?

I am using mavericks and mountainlion.

Sorry for my bad English .

Guest FluffyKitten
Hi all.

I have a Lenovo Z500, which this model has an Elan touchpad v4.

Initially, I used the VoodooPS2 kexts, which gave me working keyboard. Naturally no pad.

Using your 3.0.2 kexts, I can get a working pad... but no keyboard!

The logs repeat this several times:

02/01/2014 16:33:49.000 kernel[0]: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream.
02/01/2014 16:33:49.000 kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: probe failed, retry 2

And natually, I cannot drop the Voodoo kexts back in without a KP.

Any ideas? Any more info you need?

Regards.