ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Guest FluffyKitten

To add further, trying the latests VoodooPS2 kexts, gives me rudimentary 'mouse' support on the pad, but no drag ability.

I had a look at your source, but it's over a year old (I'm guessing you've closed-sourced it - fair enough).

Between yours an the Voodoo src, there is some reminiscence of the Apple source, but probably not a simple case of 'bolting it in'.

(I was hoping to tweak the Controller kext to use the Voodoo KB kext) 

What is different that Voodoo keyboard works, but yours does not?

To recap:

I'm using 10.9 (now 10.9.1). Clean install.

All my kexts are injected by clover. None are inserted into S/L/E. 

I removed ALL PS2 kexts from clover. None were in S/L/E.

Booting with your kexts, I get pretty perfect touchpad. No keyboard.

Booting with Voodoo kexts, I get perfect keyboard, basic 'mouse'.

No intermix of kexts - otherwise it either has a KP, or mostly errors in Console.

First of all, thank you for this great driver! I wouldn't keep my Hackintosh without it!  ;)

I think I have found a bug in scrolling: sometimes when I scroll horizontally to the right it gets stuck and keeps accelerating until I stop it with another gesture.

I tried with SynchSlowScroll, ScrollRubberEffect and Inertial2FingScroll both ON and OFF but nothing changed.

I have an ASUS UX32A (from the console: "Elantech touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 4 (with firmware version 0x361f02)").

I'm using the v3.3 with Mavericks 10.9.1

hi sir.

installed your great kext on my Asus-k42jc with Elan touchpad laptop Niresh Mavericks OSX installed.

but with some problems

these keys are already enabled even without pressing the function key.

hard for me to type sentences. one thing also the right click of the pad is same as the left.

hope you can debug and fix them.

thanks for your hardwork.

DSC01829_zps0b697912.jpg

:mrgreen: Hi, I have acer v3-571g laptop with elan touchpad v3.

(1)When I use v2.1.3 drivers on my laptop ,I can use fn+f12 and fn+Ins to change brightness. But after that version it does not work.Can you tell me how to make it works again when I use the 3.0.2 drivers?

I am using mavericks and mountainlion.

Sorry for my bad English .

Well, fn + F12 and Insert was simulating F14 and F15 keys of OSX for the brightness and i've modified the keyboard to work what it should do. Why you care this? as there is an option in my keyboard with Fn keys mode where you can control brightness and many other OSX functions.

(2)In my keyboard ,fn+arrowup and fn+arrowdown is used to change brightness . I changed fnkeys mode to 1  and changed arrowdown to brightnessdown ,so I can use fn+arrowdown to keep brightness down.But there is not an arrowup to use in info.plist of keyboard controller. Can you add arrowup to the info.plist ?

Yes, next version will have this also some good changes to keyboard with bug fixes.

Hi again.

I'm using Mavericks in my ASUS N71JQ

After install your driver, the first boot gives kernel panic and system reboot ;(

The second boot is correct, but trackpad does not work.

Thanks for all.

New version has only one kext so try to remove the old version which has two kexts before installing new version.

hey,

i use your kext in the latest version, on my asus s400c and i cannot use the fn key, so there is no matter what fn mode i use it i always cant reach to F1-F12 keys

Which version you are using? I still don't get your problem clearly so could you explain? Please read Keyboard features thread for details on fn key mode.

First of all, thank you for this great driver! I wouldn't keep my Hackintosh without it!  ;)

I think I have found a bug in scrolling: sometimes when I scroll horizontally to the right it gets stuck and keeps accelerating until I stop it with another gesture.
I tried with SynchSlowScroll, ScrollRubberEffect and Inertial2FingScroll both ON and OFF but nothing changed.

I have an ASUS UX32A (from the console: "Elantech touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 4 (with firmware version 0x361f02)").
I'm using the v3.3 with Mavericks 10.9.1

Yes, this is a bug and its been fixed in the new version which is due for release this week have many fixes/improvements.