ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

hi sir.

installed your great kext on my Asus-k42jc with Elan touchpad laptop Niresh Mavericks OSX installed.

but with some problems

these keys are already enabled even without pressing the function key.

hard for me to type sentences. one thing also the right click of the pad is same as the left.

hope you can debug and fix them.

thanks for your hardwork.

DSC01829_zps0b697912.jpg

What are those keys does by default for you? My driver has fn key mode which makes the F1-F12 work as Fn keys, so please read  my keyboard features thread for details.

Hello,

The magic mouse seems to conflict with the touchpad driver version 3.3 because, sometime, the cursor moves suddently to the left-top corner when the mouse is used. By the way, i have no problem using a 2.X version.

Strange, test this in the new version which i'm going to release in few days and let me know again plz.

As posted on the main thread, my issue was fixed by recompiling the Keyboard kext to always success on probe.

What you mean?

Hi all.

I have a Lenovo Z500, which this model has an Elan touchpad v4.

Initially, I used the VoodooPS2 kexts, which gave me working keyboard. Naturally no pad.

Using your 3.0.2 kexts, I can get a working pad... but no keyboard!

The logs repeat this several times:

02/01/2014 16:33:49.000 kernel[0]: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream.
02/01/2014 16:33:49.000 kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: probe failed, retry 2

And natually, I cannot drop the Voodoo kexts back in without a KP.

Any ideas? Any more info you need?

Regards.

next version has some changes to keyboard problems so try that and let me know.

What are those keys does by default for you? My driver has fn key mode which makes the F1-F12 work as Fn keys, so please read  my keyboard features thread for details.

i've figured out the problem, i did not noticed i enabled the NumLK key., its working ok now,

the only problem is the Right Click of the smart pad, its somewhat like same as the left click

Hi Dinesh :)

Firstly, thanks for the elan touchpad driver. I'm using it on one of my laptops (Acer 5755G). I've problem with scrolling as nothing works when I do edge or two finger scroll. Please consider the issue and let me know if there is a way to fix.

Many Thanks :)

Firstly, thanks for the elan touchpad driver. I'm using it on one of my laptops (Acer 5755G). I've problem with scrolling as nothing works when I do edge or two finger scroll. Please consider the issue and let me know if there is a way to fix.

Well, for scrolling you need to change scroll speed value once after installing my driver to  work and also try to enable SlowSynch scroll to Yes to get it working as this makes only fast swipes to do scroll.

Well, for scrolling you need to change scroll speed value once after installing my driver to  work and also try to enable SlowSynch scroll to Yes to get it working as this makes only fast swipes to do scroll.

WoW :) Dinesh you've done a great work man, keep it up!. Excellent Driver !!! Thanks for the info. I read about that in elantouch pad details post which was explained by you, just before reading your reply here.

:)

Hi Dinesh...

After getting the scroll work and using it for couple of days, I now see another issue with the driver. Keyboard and mouse stop working after wake from sleep and this happens for me 3-4 times a day. And also after logout and wake from sleep, when I press the key to enter password  then automatically the key strokes are entered in password field without pressing any key. 

Hi Dinesh...

After getting the scroll work and using it for couple of days, I now see another issue with the driver. Keyboard and mouse stop working after wake from sleep and this happens for me 3-4 times a day. And also after logout and wake from sleep, when I press the key to enter password  then automatically the key strokes are entered in password field without pressing any key. 

Did your usb ports working after wake from sleep? Can you try GenericUSB from here: https://code.google.com/p/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads/list

And look if your problem is fixed.

The Elan kext does not seem to work for my Asus N56VB. Is there a simple fix I can perform?

1st: elan kext doesn't work with voodoo kext... you need to remove voodoo.

Secound: if its not working too, open console, search for "elan" and post here the output!

Cheers :-)